Cup Holder Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
The LS Fab guys are great, they buy from us alot and finally got to meet them out at Dino's. Def a good bunch of guys. The only reason I wouldn't run that setup is worry of it flexing/vibrating too much going down the road. I've got one from Snowden Seats on the floor of mine and then another one that's an arm rest/storage/cup holder combo on the seat. The one on the seat doesn't like the 30oz Yeti style cups but is fine with most others. The Snowden one fits the Yeti's pretty good though

You must be registered for see images attach

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

CUCV has a nice bracket under the dash pad to mount radio gear. This is my first try, gonna make some modifications and see if I can mount it after the dash pad is back on.
reminds me of GM conversion vans(Probably an option on the regular ones, maybe) my uncle has, with the wood cupholder doo-dad that sits on the dog house lol

Got to get some stain on that cup holder before coffee does, a nice cedar with some poly to protect it lol

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Trying to get some cup holders in my 85. Anyone install this under the ashtray setup from LS Fab? Welcome other options people like!

I looked at that cup holder very seriously but I was worried about the safety of it. My son has to sit in the middle when we have a third person and that middle seatbelt is only a lap belt. I worry about the absence of modern safety features already, having a stainless steel blade to cut into him if we wreck didn't seem like a good idea.

We went with the cheap one from LMC Truck. It isn't perfect, larger bottles won't fit but it is better than nothing.

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
I bought a console like in post 4 from Jegs . Its pricey but they have different colors. They are in stock. I bought mine 2 weeks ago. It s a nice piece.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
get some stain on that cup holder before coffee does, a nice cedar with some poly to protect it lol
made that from scraps, version 2 will have room for 2 cups, possibly a phone. Just wanted to see if my holes were big enough for a fast food cup but still hold a can or water bottle without it falling out. Still in the R&D phase

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

I looked at that cup holder very seriously but I was worried about the safety of it. My son has to sit in the middle when we have a third person and that middle seatbelt is only a lap belt. I worry about the absence of modern safety features already, having a stainless steel blade to cut into him if we wreck didn't seem like a good idea.

We went with the cheap one from LMC Truck. It isn't perfect, larger bottles won't fit but it is better than nothing.

Do you like it?
Just ordered one. Cheapest option for a damn cup holder without just getting the old school hook on the window frame which don’t work with power windows so good. Yet the most expensive cup holder I’ve ever purchased!
(FYI for everyone else, LMc is the best price for any of these type of options but still over $50 after shipping and tax)
But I rarely drive the kids truck and since I finished the dash there is nowhere to set my beer and have spilled it twice!! Lol

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Do you like it?
Just ordered one. Cheapest option for a damn cup holder without just getting the old school hook on the window frame which don’t work with power windows so good. Yet the most expensive cup holder I’ve ever purchased!
(FYI for everyone else, LMc is the best price for any of these type of options but still over $50 after shipping and tax)
But I rarely drive the kids truck and since I finished the dash there is nowhere to set my beer and have spilled it twice!! Lol
Why you gotta be hatin' on the hook?

I completely agree with you, the hook is NOT the way to go. I like the LMC cupholder but it won't accommodate a Yeti or HydroFlask. It won't even hold some of the 16 ounce plastic bottles. I have just popped the plastic insert out to make it hold a bigger bottle when necessary. It pops right back in.

It is not perfect but it is a LOT better than nothing. And nothing is what I had before. Nothing sucks even worse after driving a modern vehicle and expecting some level of creature comforts in a vehicle.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The hook brings back memories
Right?
There’s still a cut off one screwed to the dash of my old CJ5.
Must be quality American plastic. I have no idea how it’s not just so brittle and basically vaporized. But it’ll still hold a can or a longneck, even bouncing around on a trail!

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I like that Snowden one...atomic armadillo is the one I plan to use, mounts under the seat in a similar position. Plus I can mount t my seat heaters controls and USB

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220722-142737_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220722-142737_Chrome.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 99

Royal Sierra 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
15 GMC Royal Sierra
Engine Size
I was wondering if the LS Fab cup holder would be in the way of my Twin-Stick Shifter? LS Fab website doesn't give any dimensions of the cup holder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jturner