Cup Holder Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
This is close what I have, it is designed to go on the floor hump.
You must be registered for see images

Each holder will adjust larger or smaller to fit various sizes of cups. There are a couple holes designed for you to screw it to the floor, but I never have, both my square and my 92 Dodge that I've had since 02' have these cup holders in them, neither are screwed down and I've never had one tip. Plus it's easy to take out and run it though the dishwasher now and then when it's dirty. If you carry CD's that space in the back fits a few, but I don't so I have some pens and various other krap stored there instead.

The down fall obviously is that when there is a third person in the truck they either need to straddle it or you'll need to take it out. If you don't screw it down obviously it's easy to pull out, which is what I do once a year when we are bringing in hay and I have a third person inside on my Dad's farm.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I was wondering if the LS Fab cup holder would be in the way of my Twin-Stick Shifter? LS Fab website doesn't give any dimensions of the cup holder.
It's gonna be close. My transfer case shifter works under the LMC Truck version but it is close. I don't think it would fit under the LS Fab which sits lower.

I cannot say for sure.

Royal Sierra 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
15 GMC Royal Sierra
Engine Size
I also have the LMC version. Wish the cup holders where larger or stepped. Didn't what to hack up my center console either. (Side Note, I have a console new S.S. cup holder for sale) Looks easy enough to make my own custom cup holder. Still would rather just buy one.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

legozombie

Reaction score
First Name
A
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
5.7 350 v8
I was thinking at the bottom of the door like in this pic. I was hoping to get something to hold my protein shake so it doesn't spill everywhere! Having a manual K20 with a floor shifter limits my options

Attachments

• 1707238690972.png
    1707238690972.png
    415.9 KB · Views: 25

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
Anyone think these may be good cup holders if you attach them to a strong magnet? Looking to add cup holders without drilling anything.

I have some plastic ones like that that color match the center console and interior plastic color on my suburban. I drilled to install them into the interior plastics.

I'd bet that would work ok with STRONG magnets.

legozombie

Reaction score
First Name
A
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
5.7 350 v8
I have some plastic ones like that that color match the center console and interior plastic color on my suburban. I drilled to install them into the interior plastics.

I'd bet that would work ok with STRONG magnets.
That's a good idea. I ended up buying some bench cup holders at the recommendation of another thread and will probably post results when they arrive. There's just something about drilling into the original metal that doesn't sit well with me, but with plastic, I can drill holes all days, especially if it's an aftermarket part.

Case in point, I bought this backup cam ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074RYRX52/ ) because of how unintruive the camera and monitor are instead of drilling anything.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I was thinking at the bottom of the door like in this pic. I was hoping to get something to hold my protein shake so it doesn't spill everywhere! Having a manual K20 with a floor shifter limits my options
Protein shake? We'll forgive you for that...this time, unless that's code for a "Wheat Smoothie"?. Try having a manual with a floor shifter and twin sticks. However, where there's will, there's a way.

Attachments

• IMG_20230802_185908490.jpg
    IMG_20230802_185908490.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

legozombie

Reaction score
First Name
A
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
5.7 350 v8
That's a good idea. I ended up buying some bench cup holders at the recommendation of another thread and will probably post results when they arrive. There's just something about drilling into the original metal that doesn't sit well with me, but with plastic, I can drill holes all days, especially if it's an aftermarket part.

Case in point, I bought this backup cam ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074RYRX52/ ) because of how unintruive the camera and monitor are instead of drilling anything.
I bought the backup cam and installed it. I will post later about it. Super easy to wire and install.

Here are the two cup holders I considered for my bench. I ended up going with the hard plastic one because
1) It was made in the USA
2) As nice as the boat foam holder one was, I can and will make that one from scratch. I took it apart before returning it and can easily recreate it.

They both held everything I had in my cabinets that I would reasonably place use from skinny 10oz yeti tumbler to 24oz wide food jars (yes my whey protein shake container fit; can't say the same for my 2018 Civic). The only modification I need to make to the hard plastic one is to create a new base for it and connect it to the bench crease in between the cushions via a dowel like the vinyl one. Easy enough. Below are pics comparing the size differences and how they look/fit. Somewhat negligible and very similar. I can however make custom vinyl ones with size and color of my choice to fit the feel better. In all honesty I'm going to place a cover on the bench because it's good enough to keep but bad enough the the red microfibers get on everything so color doesn't matter to me.
You must be registered for see images attach

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
reminds me of GM conversion vans(Probably an option on the regular ones, maybe) my uncle has, with the wood cupholder doo-dad that sits on the dog house lol

Got to get some stain on that cup holder before coffee does, a nice cedar with some poly to protect it lol
*AND a cool place to stash your Van Halen tapes! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squareframe