LS Fab Cup Holder, Are they worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LilRobert1367

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I was wonder if anyone on here has put the LS Fab Cup Holder on their Square Body? Are they worth it but also has anyone put one in a Square Body with a floor shifter, does it clear the shifter?

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I looked at that one but decided against it for two reasons.
1. I want the truck's interior to always be as close to factory original as possible.
2. Because my son often has to sit in the middle and if we get in a wreck I don't want him cutting himself on that stainless "blade".

I opted for the LMC Truck cupholder instead. There are a couple of other versions out there but this one wasn't terribly expensive and I can be back to "stock" in less than 15 seconds.

You must be registered for see images attach

And this one definitely clears the floor shifter:

LilRobert1367

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Okay Redfish you do have a point about the Stainless steel "blade" if I was to get in an accident. I didn't think of that with the LS Fab cup holder. I'm just not sure about Ash tray cup holders. My square body is a commercial grade work truck, and I think the leather or pleather look of the ash tray cup holder would stand out to much based on the rest of the interior. It doesn't even have carpet, I'm having to install a stereo into it since it didn't even have a radio setup in it! I'm at the point in restoring it on how far I want to go with it! Keep it looking like the work truck it originally was or give it the bells and whistles that it never had in it. Quick backstory, it was a work truck for my Grand-uncle propane dealership until my Grandpa bought it from his brother in 87.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
@LilRobert1367 that SS "blade" may not be a problem if you don't have a 3rd passenger sitting in the middle. I strongly considered the LS Fab and it looks like a high quality product. I also think that it might actually look a lot better installed in the truck and that the "look" might change depending on the truck interior.

There is no "wrong" answer here.

Perhaps I worry too much about the lack of safety features inside these old trucks. My 2019 GMC has multiple airbags, all of the seatbelts are shoulder harnesses, there is a lot of soft material and all the edges are smooth. My '87...either don't crash it or Be Tough!

79Sea30

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Went with a guy I saw on FB. Cupholder by Mike. Takes a few weeks, but its offset for the shifter. Looks just like the LMC one, but I feel it's a nicer quality leather/stitching wise. Works perfect.

Cheers,
Kyle

Attachments

• Cup Holder.jpg
    Cup Holder.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 85

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad