Conversion Interiors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dom87SS

Reaction score
First Name
Dominick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Does anyone know how to tell who did the conversions in these trucks?

Also I would like to leave the conversion interior instead of going to a regular scottsdale interior but having a really hard time finding any info on them. Even if it just had options where I could get new wood made or seats recovered in the same type of material. Any help with this is appreciated.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
My assessment of the square body interiors is that any conversions that take place almost always utilize interior parts from other square bodies or other GM cars/trucks. Once in a while you'll see someone who did something from another American or import vehicle, but it's rare. A lot of these undertakings are done at home by regular Joes or experienced individuals, but I've never seen an interior decor package like Givenchy or Cartier in Lincolns or Centurion in Ford trucks in square bodies. If there has been some interior modernization, unless there's some documentation kept by the owner or insignia on the materials, you'll have to research different car seats. Even then, I'll think you'll find that a lot of them would come from GMT400s and GMT800s.

Dom87SS

Reaction score
First Name
Dominick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
this definitely isn't an at home job, its 80's van type conversion like choo choo, or star craft type stuff with the wood, lights, seats, door panels, carpet, etc. Just trying to narrow it down who may have done it to try to find some pieces for it.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I see. I wasn't trying to discount you. From the factory, I've only seen anniversary edition and hunting themed decor packages in squares, but those were primitive compared to what companies do now, and they really didn't change a whole lot. Maybe someone else knows, bud.

Dom87SS

Reaction score
First Name
Dominick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I think it's a choo choo conversation, don't mind my mess I was working on the dash and had it tore apart

You must be registered for see images attach

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
It doesn't look like it's in too bad shape. Just adhere the velour back to the door panels. It looks like the wood could use polishing and/or some Minwax or something. I don't know about the seat upholstery. It looks okay. I think if anything needs replacing, either the OEM stuff will work (like the carpet) or you can improvise and make it look good. I just looked up the Choo Choo custom stuff. It looks similar, but I think you can fix what you have, replace some of it with regular ole replacement parts, or get creative and improvise. It looks pretty solid, though.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
could use new carpet and maybe so other elbow grease/repair but otherwise looks really nice! I like that :)

Dom87SS

Reaction score
First Name
Dominick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
its missing a driver door panel which is a big thing, the wood is old but probably some sanding and stain would look good. Headliner sags a little, the carpet needs to go its to faded and smells a little like a dog to me. The remaining door panels are super faded on top from it being a southern truck.

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
From a quick look at the pictures it looks to me like they used factory door panels and covered then with velour. For the driver door you could get a used one or even a new one and cover it and all the rest with the same material to match and fix the fading. Seats could be re-done by a good upholstery shop.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Alot of truck and van conversion seats were made by a company called Flexsteel.

For a conversion truck, that one looks to be in pretty good shape. I've never liked conversion trucks or vans. Usually a bunch of woodgrain **** and low quality fabric on the seats and interior that after a few years looks like hell. As said, that one looks like it help up better than most of the conversions I've seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adhkjashda