Cheap one on Marketplace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
You must be registered for see images attach

This one will get snatched up quick. I'm going to look at it Sunday afternoon if it's still for sale. The guy says he's got over 40 people interested and several are lined up to look at it today and tomorrow. I ain't got time until Sunday. I'll probably never get to see it.

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
If I was local to him, I would be the first one at his door with cash in hand.
Somehow.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
If I was local to him, I would be the first one at his door with cash in hand.
Somehow.
It's an hour an a half away from me, otherwise I'd have checked it out by now.

My wife won't approve of a third square body at home either (a second to live outside). I'm not even going to have that conversation unless it's still for sale come Sunday morning.

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
It's an hour an a half away from me, otherwise I'd have checked it out by now.

My wife won't approve of a third square body at home either (a second to live outside). I'm not even going to have that conversation unless it's still for sale come Sunday morning.
Don't tell her, and there HAS to be a way to hide it someplace.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
Don't tell her, and there HAS to be a way to hide it someplace.
Maybe I won't... I agree there has to be a way to hide it for at least a little while.

How mad could she be with a price tag under $2K?

Let's just hope it's all 13 year old kids, flakes, and bots replying to the Marketplace ad. His "1986 Chevrolet pk" is not the most search friendly title after all.

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
I am fairly confident that is a fake ad with a stolen picture. The English used in the description seems kind of crude, and the price is suspiciously cheap. Facebook market place and Craigslist are cesspools for fraud and scam. If it is too good to be true, it almost always is.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
It sold before I got off work today. Guy followed up and let me know.

I do believe it was a genuine ad. It sounded like an older farmer/country type of dude, with a basically inactive Facebook account just like mine. It totally fits the location and condition of the truck (Rochester, MN).

He said the brakes were soft, and I don't doubt that it needed other work and probably tires, but he thought it'd make the hour and a half drive home.

They pop up like this every once in awhile, but it's been over a year since I've seen a decent looking bargain truck in the area for $2500 or less.

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
It sold before I got off work today. Guy followed up and let me know.

I do believe it was a genuine ad. It sounded like an older farmer/country type of dude, with a basically inactive Facebook account just like mine. It totally fits the location and condition of the truck (Rochester, MN).

He said the brakes were soft, and I don't doubt that it needed other work and probably tires, but he thought it'd make the hour and a half drive home.

They pop up like this every once in awhile, but it's been over a year since I've seen a decent looking bargain truck in the area for $2500 or less.
I suppose I'm a little paranoid these days. I just get naturally suspicious when I see a decent looking 4x4 selling for less than 5k. If ad was genuine afterall, the seller just gave that thing away.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I suppose I'm a little paranoid these days. I just get naturally suspicious when I see a decent looking 4x4 selling for less than 5k. If ad was genuine afterall, the seller just gave that thing away.

Me and you both buddy!

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
completely agree but sometimes you get lucky. I just picked this 84 C10 up for $1500 on CL. Needed brakes and a little love but only had 43K on the rig.

Nice! That's one of my favorite colors. I'm a little biased though since I have an '85 Silverado with that same primary color. Those rallye wheels alone make that truck a steal for $1500.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
completely agree but sometimes you get lucky. I just picked this 84 C10 up for $1500 on CL. Needed brakes and a little love but only had 43K on the rig.
Nice score! Where'd it come from, and how long was it listed? I'm surprised I didn't see it. I must be slacking lately.

I am fairly confident that is a fake ad with a stolen picture. The English used in the description seems kind of crude, and the price is suspiciously cheap. Facebook market place and Craigslist are cesspools for fraud and scam. If it is too good to be true, it almost always is.
See... I told you the good ones pop up every once in awhile. Keep being suspicious though. It's leaves 'em online for a few extra hours so I may be able to find them.

Shadrap23

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
it was only listed for about three hours. Just got lucky i guess. Needed some work but I'm slowly getting there. Came from NW metro area.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I got mine off a marketplace add back in 2019 or so. He had it up for over a week at $1500, but it was parked under a tree behind the house since at least 2006 so it didn't run or drive. I talked him down to $800 and had it towed the 5 miles back home. Took a weekend to replace the fuel lines, fuel pump, drop the tanks and clean them out/install new senders, and rebuild the original Q-jet. It fired right up and was driving around town by the next week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84