Carburetors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdub209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
So i wanna know what everyone's preference is on carbs to run.
i currently have a Edelbrock 1406 600cfm, electronic choke, mechanical secondaries, single feed. it's a good carb just don't like the mechanical secondaries on that big of a truck. i know holley, quickfuel, pro form run vacuum secondaries. what's everyone running on their trucks and how's it going?
eventually i wanna just balls up and spend the money to do a FI-Tech system but that's a lot of bread to put down

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I say Holley. Only way to properly tune that Weber thing is with a 3lb hammer in my opinion. Rods are for pistons not carbs., but I digress. I ran a 750Dp with 4 corner mixture on a 407cid roller BBC and it worked in a 67 Chevelle and should work im Ruby as well. Main use for her is in a mud hole at wot for as short a time as neaded to get threw it.

Last edited:

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
I'm quite fond of my quadrajet. Great throttle response and still has the cfm for the top end. I regularly have elevation changes of 3000 ft and it doesn't care, cold starts just fine (and it's cold here, gotten down to -30) without the factory hot air riser and block off plate in my edelbrock performer intake crossover (well, mostly, it has a half in. hole in the middle). And this is basically a stock tune on it while every part of my motor has changed, I really want to get a a/f gauge and dial it it. And in my experience the 800 cfm version is more common than most think, they used it on the 454 trucks and motor homes. Ultimately I think if you're realistic with your cfm needs and can tune you can make most carbs work to your wants just fine, I just haven't seen anything that makes me want to trade in my qjet.

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The throttle plate on the secondaries of the 1406 is mechanical, but there is a vacuum-operated air door above it, so the effect is the same.

The best carb to run on the street is a Qjet, assuming you have one set up for the application. Don't just get one off the shelf that isn't application-specific.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
Q-jet for my off road trucks all the way , holley for my street cars. I have never been an eddie/carter fan. I would like to try the new f.i. set ups but they are spendy , (have to talk myself into it,maybe soon).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef