C5 Blazer anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
I didn't actually read the comments. Now I'm going back to read them lol

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Hahaha nice, expensive but nice. Turn all the 4wd blazers into 2wd.:D

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
I mean... theres dozens of suburbans out there....
Where are all these 2wd closed top squares then? Are these dozens listed and overpriced because someone saw an auction one time?? Last one I saw for sale was a burb (not a blazer) and it did not have any running gear, was spray bombed in the hide the problems satin black. It was also sort of shaved and missing quite a few parts.:(

There's a guy on here that had one he sort or started to fix years ago that I'd like. Convince the guy with the white over red blazer to sell it to me. Since you're so awesome. ;)

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Where are all these 2wd closed top squares then? Are these dozens listed and overpriced because someone saw an auction one time?? Last one I saw for sale was a burb (not a blazer) and it did not have any running gear, was spray bombed in the hide the problems satin black. It was also sort of shaved and missing quite a few parts.:(

There's a guy on here that had one he sort or started to fix years ago that I'd like. Convince the guy with the white over red blazer to sell it to me. Since you're so awesome. ;)

I admit, theyre not cheap anymore, and theyre not even valued based of their options, theyre just valued because as you said, someone saw an auction.

In some ways i feel like i shouldnt have taken apart the white suburban i have.

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
The Chassis looks really well made. The rest is a matter of taste.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I wouldn't be caught riding in a slammed k5 dragging fram or whatever they say, maybe it's laying frame? And I would be even more upset to learn that it was a 4wd k5 originally.

I just don't think it looks good?:33: But I know everyone has their taste and what they think looks good. I have never liked low riding anything, cars trucks, golf carts....

MrPink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
that's cool for an orig 2wd blazer/jimmy but like has been said don't ruin a 4x4.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Yuck!!!

Like many things in life, I find myself in the minority. I despise the slammed look on just about anything. I’ll never understand the appeal of making a car/truck/whatever look like it’s overloaded, riding on giant rims with rubber bands wrapped around them as tires.

Why would anyone deliberately create exhaust/oil pan, clearance issues? Anytime you limit suspension travel, ride quality goes down.

Occasionally I’ll get people who ask about why I run the “big n little” tires on my Olds, and why I’m still have the slightly raised stance. To me, nothing looks better than the old street machine muscle car look.

Years ago, I had a absolutely gorgeous 87 442, with T tops. I had a pair of custom Olds Rally wheel made in 15x10 so I could rock the old school muscle car look.

A friend ran a automotive repair shop, next door to his shop was another shop that did custom automotive stereo and hydraulics. This was back during the low-rider craze. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out the kind of people who frequent shops like that.

I drove my 442 to my buddies shop for an alignment, the clientele at the shop next door went nuts over my car. Many asked why I didn’t slam it, put in “pumps and switches (whatever the hell that means?) and put on 22. It did t go over well when I told them I didn’t want my car to look stupid.

Classic example of a moment in time when one should think before speaking.

Trucks were designed to work. That means having the needed suspension to do the work. Lowering a 2wd A LITTLE, means it could still do some hauling if needed. Why would anyone ever consider lowering a 4wd???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man