C10 lift kit?? 7 inches?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randomTruckKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So I randomly found this c10 lift kit. It says 7 inches if lift but then there is 4" rear blocks. I don't understand how you are getting 7 inches out of that. I'd expect 4. But also is this a real kit?
There also seems to be several others.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
My guess is it will be 7” “leveled” if that makes sense. A stock truck is around 2.5-3” higher in the rear than the front typically. So if you look at lowering setups, it’s generally a 2/4 or a 5/7 drop, this will result in getting the truck level.

So in this case going up the front needs to go up farther than the rear to be leveled since the rear is already higher.

randomTruckKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My guess is it will be 7” “leveled” if that makes sense. A stock truck is around 2.5-3” higher in the rear than the front typically. So if you look at lowering setups, it’s generally a 2/4 or a 5/7 drop, this will result in getting the truck level.

So in this case going up the front needs to go up farther than the rear to be leveled since the rear is already higher.
ok i see. so in order to match that 4" of lift in the rear it goes up 7" in the front. somehow with stock springs.

Last edited:

randomTruckKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
so, if i took this kit and put it onto my truck w/stock springs i would achieve roughly 4" of lift?

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
It looks like there’s going to be quite a bit of unsprung weight up front with that kit.

What’s the goal with the truck? Just lifting for looks/to fit a larger tire? If so, what size tire?

randomTruckKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
It looks like there’s going to be quite a bit of unsprung weight up front with that kit.

What’s the goal with the truck? Just lifting for looks/to fit a larger tire? If so, what size tire?
Mostly for looks. I want bigger rims.
Look up project rocky c10. That's what I was basing the front suspension off of. I want simalar style rim too.

Attachments

• download (27).jpeg
    download (27).jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 28

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
How big (OD) of a tire?

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
so, if i took this kit and put it onto my truck w/stock springs i would achieve roughly 4" of lift?
No. If you scroll down and read in the description for the specifics, it says it comes with 4.5" lift spindles and 3" lift control arms. It doesn't come with springs, so it's intended to use with stock springs to achieve the 7" of lift.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Mostly for looks. I want bigger rims.
Look up project rocky c10. That's what I was basing the front suspension off of. I want simalar style rim too.
I know that guy, Chris, he works for Street Trucks mag. That was done before there were any 2wd lifts for these trucks using OBS lift spindles and a custom combination of ball joints and control arms.

randomTruckKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
It doesn't come with springs, so it's intended to use with stock springs to achieve the 7" of lift.
Yea. I thought you needed better springs.
I know that guy, Chris, he works for Street Trucks mag. That was done before there were any 2wd lifts for these trucks using OBS lift spindles and a custom combination of ball joints and control arms.
That is what I was originally planning on doing until I saw this kit.
That’s close to stock size tire. 7” of lift may be a bit much, unless that’s the look you are going for.
30 inch rims? I was going somewhere around there. 30-33.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I was asking about OD of tire, not rim. I’m wondering what size tire you are attempting to clear with the 7” lift…

randomTruckKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I was asking about OD of tire, not rim. I’m wondering what size tire you are attempting to clear with the 7” lift…
Ohhhh. I'm sorry. I don't know much abt that part. Maybe 33-37" overall? Is that how that part is determined.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli