Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrvnDrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Last edited:

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
That's a steal!!!!

DrvnDrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Got my 78 with new engine, radiator great tires, extra parts, new brakes dump bed and snowplow, rebuilt TH400 , rusty rockers for $4100. It's well used but kept up. Parts are parts.

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
And the midwest,so now we are limited to like 1 state. Which one?
Oof I forgot about Midwest winters. From what I've seen, vehicles seem to survive the longest in most Southern states, except for coastal cities. The salt in the air seems to eat through both old and new vehicles around Bolivar and Corpus Christi. Dry places like Arizona and New Mexico seem to fare well too. The west coast states seem to have a lot of solid vehicles, though this assumes they were never near the more coastal regions of the state.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
They coat the roads ahead of time with some kind of nasty brine spray. I believe it does far more damage than the rock salt, but I've got no facts to back that up.

What's really annoying is that some municipalities often don't even drop the plow down until there's over an inch or two of snow on the ground. They just put down more salt. Not with a dedicated salt spreader truck mind you, just the normal plow trucks, but the plow is only along for the ride.

They do that religiously here too, in the land of no rust. Moreso each year as the number of drivers increases and the number of HORRIBLE drivers increase at an even faster rate!
Hell, was driving into seattle a few days ago. Sun shining, cold out, roads dry as a bone, in the SRT. Couldn’t figure out why I was getting pelted with invisible sand, until I passed a few more cars and saw a DOT truck just laying the salt down!
Difference here is they coat the roads with brine or salt like mad when it’s not raining because 80% of the drivers here are too fcking stupid or to foreign to understand that humidity and dew point can make a little frost.
And on cold dry winter mornings you see cars in the ditch from just a little slippery spots overnight.
The reason it doesn’t rot out the vehicles here on the wet side is the other 90+% of days from Oct thru April it is wet or raining so any daily driven vehicle gets 100+ free undercarriage washes every winter!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Madras Or. Nice rig

$3800.00 OBO..
https://bend.craigslist.org/pts/d/redmond-1976-c20-truck/7579973899.html

You must be registered for see images attach

Now that’s a decent looking one!
But how come it is everyone from Bend seems to ask more for their cars than anywhere else up here.
New or old, most stupid I know what I’ve got prices seem to be from there. Something in the water?

DrvnDrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Now that’s a decent looking one!
That one is in Madras. Different world up there. Ranch country. Maybe lost title. I dont see any plates.
But how come it is everyone from Bend seems to ask more for their cars than anywhere else up here.
95+-% of people from Bend aren't from Bend. The town has grown so fast
It's taken on a Dr. Jekyl- Mr Hyde thing. Many people here refer to it as Poverty with a View. Wages are pretty low considering the housing costs. The money in town is usually from somewhere else. Lotsa 2nd and 3rd homes, aka snowbirds, here. It's funny when it snows how many driveways have no tire tracks for months. Quite a few trust fund jagoffs too. Tourists galore in the summer months. I think they ask more because sometimes they get it. I sold a 83 NIssan 720 p/u for $5k. It was gone through and pretty Rust free but 5 grand for a Datsun, go figure.

New or old, most stupid I know what I’ve got prices seem to be from there. Something in the water?
I don't think it's in the water but we do have a lot of breweries and potshops in town.

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
They coat the roads ahead of time with some kind of nasty brine spray. I believe it does far more damage than the rock salt, but I've got no facts to back that up.

What's really annoying is that some municipalities often don't even drop the plow down until there's over an inch or two of snow on the ground. They just put down more salt. Not with a dedicated salt spreader truck mind you, just the normal plow trucks, but the plow is only along for the ride.
Same up here in ND. I have heard that the salt is cheaper than cutting edges on the V-plows.....Or maybe it's just easier to spread the salt/brine. Drives me nuts when it is 15 degrees out and snowing and they are spraying the brine (which makes the snow stick to the roads) instead of just blading it off.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That one is in Madras. Different world up there. Ranch country. Maybe lost title. I dont see any plates.

95+-% of people from Bend aren't from Bend. The town has grown so fast
It's taken on a Dr. Jekyl- Mr Hyde thing. Many people here refer to it as Poverty with a View. Wages are pretty low considering the housing costs. The money in town is usually from somewhere else. Lotsa 2nd and 3rd homes, aka snowbirds, here. It's funny when it snows how many driveways have no tire tracks for months. Quite a few trust fund jagoffs too. Tourists galore in the summer months. I think they ask more because sometimes they get it. I sold a 83 NIssan 720 p/u for $5k. It was gone through and pretty Rust free but 5 grand for a Datsun, go figure.

I don't think it's in the water but we do have a lot of breweries and potshops in town.
Ha I know. We actually love Bend. Visited a few times, a few years ago when our son was still playing pee wee hockey. But what you say makes sense. It’s a great area but I couldn’t figure out how the town got so bougie.
Deschutes is one of my favorite micro brews though!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Same up here in ND. I have heard that the salt is cheaper than cutting edges on the V-plows.....Or maybe it's just easier to spread the salt/brine. Drives me nuts when it is 15 degrees out and snowing and they are spraying the brine (which makes the snow stick to the roads) instead of just blading it off.
Buncha no driving Seattle jackwads must’ve moved into town!
When it’s 15 deg it’s just starting to get cold enough that the snow isn’t as slippery!
Part of what I liked about living in NW WI was once it got cold the salt trucks went away. You could wash your truck and it would stay clean for a month!
Roads stayed snow packed and no one cared.

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350

DrvnDrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Attachments

• 00606_aZEMA9Dkuqs_07L0ak_600x450.jpg
    00606_aZEMA9Dkuqs_07L0ak_600x450.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 40

DrvnDrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
There's also this guy
https://bend.craigslist.org/pts/d/bend-chevy-grill-radiator-support/7580113320.html

https://bend.craigslist.org/pts/d/bend-1972-gmc/7565306990.html

I've left a message 4 times about wanting an intermittent wiper control module for a 78 square and he's never called me back. Oh well, thankfully it's not that important to either one of us.

Location indeed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumpity_z28