Burb FUll Quarter install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superbee70

Reaction score
First Name
tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Anyone ever do a full quarter install on a burb. I may be able to get full quarters cheap. I'm looking at the replacement quarter and can't figure out how the top section goes. Does it get installed under the roof skin? Does the roof skin have to be removed or can you access from under the headliner? haven't had a chance to look yet. The rest would be drilling spot woulds and would be relatively simple, just can't see how the top section fits. Has anyone done this? or have pics of the roof without headliner?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
There are bolts along the top of the panel inside under the headliner that hold the roof to the sides. And I believe the seam runs along the top of the side windows. Then you got your spot welds in the door jambs. I have plenty of pics in my 2 rust attack threads and '89 under destruction thread if you feel like searching through them. My laptop is screwed so I can't find them right now.i have Pics even of inside that body section void. I think there is a bracket in there over the middle of the wheel well too.

superbee70

Reaction score
First Name
tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thanks for the confirmation on the bolts at the top. the spot welds and the rest are pretty straightforward. I didn;'t want to get into lifting the roof section up to slide it in.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It is generally faster, easier, and smarter to not install the ENTIRE quarter panel. You simply section the new panel at the the smallest (not always though) area of the pillar. In this case you will be 3 or 4 inches up from the lower window edge. There's a few different ways to splice the old and new panels, but I do not recommend just a butt weld. There needs to be some kind of flanging involved as well as some plug welds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chad112507