Built 200R in a K10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jobberone

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Rebuilt 350 now. Can I replace with a built 200R from a Buick GN? No lockup converter. Can't remember stall but not too much IIRC. Will it fit my transfer case which I'll have to look up but I'm hoping it won't matter. Mildly built 383. Not interested in power. Motor has enough torque. Just want the OD. Has a Demon/Holley. Not sure about AV cable as this is my brother's tranny but can find out. Not a biggy as I'm sure I can buy one.

Besides just matching up with motor and case are there any dipstick yada problems?

Didn't see this but I'm terrible using a computer. Saw some swap stuff but not for a K10.

Thanks

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
If you're wanting an auto with over drive go with a 700r4. The 200 was never offered in the trucks, and I don't think it will mate to the t-case. The 200 has a rep for being fairly weak also, not sure it would live in a vehicle that heavy for long.

jobberone

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If you're wanting an auto with over drive go with a 700r4. The 200 was never offered in the trucks, and I don't think it will mate to the t-case. The 200 has a rep for being fairly weak also, not sure it would live in a vehicle that heavy for long.

That's the rep. Just as strong as the 350. This was was in a GN about 500 HP so its good. About same length as 350 I think. And it's sitting there. As u said not sure it works with the transfer case. I don't pull anything either. Thanks.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Getting the t-case to hook up may be the problem, I honestly have never heard of one in a 4x4.

jobberone

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'll check tomorrow with a vendor and see about the crossmember, AV cable, cooler lines, dipstick, starter, transfer case etc. Thanks for the response.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Been a while since I looked a a 2004r, but I don't think it has a removable tail housing. In other words, a transfer case will not bolt to it.

jobberone

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok. Crossmember doesn't fit but can work around that. Will have to check with vendor tomorrow if I find time. Son, grandson, another son and ex here. Brother coming and daughter and 2 grandchildren as well. Will be busy and grateful. thanks

jobberone

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Been a while since I looked a a 2004r, but I don't think it has a removable tail housing. In other words, a transfer case will not bolt to it.

Missed this, sry. I'm almost certain it doesn't have a removable tail housing like the 700r or 4L60E. Busy but I'll have to drive a bit and just look at the thing. I'm pretty sure the NP203 takes a 27 spline output shaft but reengineering is too problematic and expensive.

It's a shame not to be able to use it as it cost a bit to build.

It'll take a bit of gas to drive that much money out of a tranny.

Again sry I missed your post.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx