Building a A-Frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
WTF Dave make up your mind. For what you are doing you can make your Own beam out of wood for less then 25% of the cost of a steel I beam.

Hell you make the beam out of 2X8's and it would be strong enough to pick the whole front of the truck up with.

oops misread your post

A truck cab really isn't that heavy. You could probably find somebody wanting a wooden swing set hauled out of their yard and use that. Take it apart, haul it away, reassemble, then add some extra bracing.

Where are you doing this? Level ground I hope.

At home in the drive way near the garage doors where its more level even though theres still a slight slope to it.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
how would a cherry picker not clear the frame? is it that low?

you go in thru the door, not the front, remove the door, bolt it to the floor using a chain or 12 and some bolts thru where the seat bolts or something.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
how would a cherry picker not clear the frame? is it that low?

you go in thru the door, not the front, remove the door, bolt it to the floor using a chain or 12 and some bolts thru where the seat bolts or something.

I was gonna lift by looping around the roof of the cab and through the door way.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Swims350,

Were talking about running the hoist inside the cab through the side where the doors would be? If so my hoist can do that. I wonder if I could get high enough to load on my 97 K1500.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none

yep that's what I said and yes I see no reason a 4x4 won't be able to be lifted too. or you mean put the cab in your truck to haul?

I see no problems getting it high enough to fit in the bed, aint like ya got 6 inch lift and 3 inch body lift on 38's or bigger or something.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
yep that's what I said and yes I see no reason a 4x4 won't be able to be lifted too. or you mean put the cab in your truck to haul?

I see no problems getting it high enough to fit in the bed, aint like ya got 6 inch lift and 3 inch body lift on 38's or bigger or something.

I wanna put it on my bed. I'm running stock 4x4 height 265/75/16.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Truck cabs slide really easy on their roofs, just put a ramp on your tailgate, flop the cab over on its top and slide it up the ramp! It's a F*rd so I know you're just taking it to the crusher!! :lol:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Truck cabs slide really easy on their roofs, just put a ramp on your tailgate, flop the cab over on its top and slide it up the ramp! It's a F*rd so I know you're just taking it to the crusher!! :lol:

Yea its a Ford and its not going to the crusher. Ha Ha

When this Ford is fully restored it will worth $30K

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
only if you can find somebody to pay that price and FULLY restored.

I've seen plenty of great chevy's on CL for like 10g's and such and thought man it's nice, but not for 10g's I'll build one myself and be cheaper.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
only if you can find somebody to pay that price and FULLY restored.

I've seen plenty of great chevy's on CL for like 10g's and such and thought man it's nice, but not for 10g's I'll build one myself and be cheaper.

I know. Just saying if someone came along not long after I got it done and asked how much. That would be my price for it.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
in other words it aint for sale.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I know. Just saying if someone came along not long after I got it done and asked how much. That would be my price for it.

It won't be worth 30K just because that's what you would want for it. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
It won't be worth 30K just because that's what you would want for it. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

The restored nada retail price is around $25K but there a option for upgrading to power steering and power brakes.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The restored nada retail price is around $25K but there a option for upgrading to power steering and power brakes.

25K, RETAIL for a FULLY restored TRAILER QUEEN... Another 5K for power steering and brakes? How about 300 bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB