Brake Pedal Does Not Fully Return

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ 3

Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 10
Engine Size
I just purchased a 1977 C30 Quad Cab dually with the factory 454 and hydro-boost brake system.

Currently the brake pedal does not fully return. The PO solved the problem by installing a pedal return spring. Is there an adjustment on the push rod somewhere so I can remove the 1-1/2" of play in the pedal.

Or do I have a bigger problem

quaddriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy R2500
Engine Size
The big one
other than a stuck spool valve inside it, was it perhaps replaced where the actuating rod is a different length?

AJ 3

Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 10
Engine Size
Is there a possible way to unstuck the spool valve?

Yes someone could have change something with the incorrect part. The whole master cylinder, booster, and brake line assembly all look like they aged together. Everything all kind of has the same surface rust over all the parts.

AJ 3

Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 10
Engine Size
After removing hacked up after market electrical gismos and nasty wire splices. I was finally installing all my dashboard back together again.

Then I noticed my brake pedal is hitting the AC duct and making my brake lights illuminate due to PO installed pedal return spring. Also I noticed that my brake light switch and cruise control sensor are pushed all the way rearward.

So with adjusting the brake light and cruise switch to where they should be. Plus removing the PO installed brake pedal return spring. Everything works correctly my brake pedal was just moving farther rearward than needed due to miss adjusted switches.

PO's Crack me up. Let's install an extra spring instead of solving the problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohiokm