Brake Fluid In Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
This image should make it clear why you can be sure it's the boost seals:

You must be registered for see images attach

sonicbluezx3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yep I just changed it... however I didn't see before I installed it (it's not all bolted in yet, just sitting on the mounts) that I have to reuse the piston inside. There's some sort of retaining ring in there and I don't really know how it comes out. Anyone done it before and know how it comes out?

**EDIT... I got it out, just have to mess around with it for a bit. I cleaned everything up and the plastic or nylon washer in there is cracked, so I'm going to get a new one tomorrow if I can find it. Wish they had kits for this since the stuff is rusty.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It should just be an internal snap ring. Kind of ****** the new one didn't come with the piston. I know the rod is one thing, but you'd think the piston would be included.

sonicbluezx3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yeah it was easy once i figured it out. I want to find a piston and definitely need the plastic piece. Wondering about the spring piece too since it had a rubber gasket. The thing comes with a lifetime warranty so i dont feel so bad now that i know i could have rebuilt it for 30 bucks. Ha

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Naw, you did fine to get an reman with a warranty. That "REBUILD KIT" for $30 is moreless a patch kit for one of those. A good reman is needed to ensure the cylinder is good and that accumulator and piston too.

sonicbluezx3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'm having some problems finding the internal parts that the kit wanted me to re-use. I pulled the required parts out of the old unit, but the nylon seal is cracked and worn out. Also tried to replace the hardware that holds the unit on the firewall but can't get that anywhere either.

sonicbluezx3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

I'm not worried about replacing the spring and the piston... they are a little corroded but I have them sitting in some "Evapo-Rust" at the moment, so we'll see how that does. Should clean it up a good bit. The star-washer/retainer I would love to replace but if i can't find a new one that one will work. It's mainly the nylon piece and you can see why. When I pulled it out I saw a crack on it and it just fell apart. I may try matching it up to a drain plug gasket, that might work.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

I'm not worried about replacing the spring and the piston... they are a little corroded but I have them sitting in some "Evapo-Rust" at the moment, so we'll see how that does. Should clean it up a good bit. The star-washer/retainer I would love to replace but if i can't find a new one that one will work. It's mainly the nylon piece and you can see why. When I pulled it out I saw a crack on it and it just fell apart. I may try matching it up to a drain plug gasket, that might work.

Is there any info, a 1 800 # or anything like that from the Re Man company that rebuilt the one you bought? Sometimes they have a helpline or a web address. Or call the parts store where you bought it and see if they have a #. Get in touch with the Re Man company one way or another and let them know wtf is up. Kinda ******** you buy a reman part and these little parts aren't included. Figgin Christ, they raise their prices $3-$5 a year to give the CEO of the company a damn raise, they can raise the prices $2 to make sure the end user has all the **** he needs and people would be happy to pay it instead of having the track the **** down. Get in someone ass buddy. Remebmer, only the squeaky wheel gets greased.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Is there any info, a 1 800 # or anything like that from the Re Man company that rebuilt the one you bought? Sometimes they have a helpline or a web address. Or call the parts store where you bought it and see if they have a #. Get in touch with the Re Man company one way or another and let them know wtf is up. Kinda ******** you buy a reman part and these little parts aren't included. Figgin Christ, they raise their prices $3-$5 a year to give the CEO of the company a damn raise, they can raise the prices $2 to make sure the end user has all the **** he needs and people would be happy to pay it instead of having the track the **** down. Get in someone ass buddy. Remebmer, only the squeaky wheel gets greased.
Welp, I think I figured it out.
The "EXTRA" two or three bucks they raise the prices to ensure them extra peices are in the package, WELL , the CEO tells the compny "Scre that,I needs moooore moooney".:crazy::buffer::893karatesmiley-thu:naughty:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64