Body mount/1 inch lift questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dan1033439

Reaction score
First Name
dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
I am going to be replacing the body mounts with poly ones from energy suspension. At the same time I am adding a 1 inch body lift using solid aluminum pucks from ORD. I have been spraying the bolts with PBlaster every week for a month now. I am planning on doing the mounts, lift, and I have (what I think) is all new hardware. I have been reading about the body nuts not having good welds on them and breaking, so I am concerned about that. My questions are; 1 I am planning on using a lift to do the body mounts and lift, should I do it the way the instructions say by loosening all bolts and changing 1 side at a time, or do it all at 1 time being the lift can pick the body up the little bit I would need? 2 does anyone know the torque spec for the bolts? 3 Does anyone have any tips, or advice for doing this job? I am very comfortable doing the work, just have never done a body lift before. Thanks in advance

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
You should do one side at a time. its just much easier. I think its just the luck of the draw as to how difficult or easy it is to do. I just finished drilling out one of my front mount bolts and was wondering about the torque specs too.

See my bolt twisted off and the nut stayed put. Some other guy has a worse time because his nut just spins. Its all just what you get lol

Just curious doesn't the instructions for your new mounts give torque specs ?

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
ive had a nut break off before, back drivers side IIRC

It sucked but all I did was drill a hole in the cab floor, put a new nut in there and was on my way

dan1033439

Reaction score
First Name
dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
Thanks guys. The instructions do not give torque specs. The instructions don't even have good pics of how they fit, I am hoping its self explanatory what direction they fit. I installed poly transfercase mounts today, and realized no torque specs for those either. Im going to email ORD tonight and see what they say. I was able to loosen the 4 middle bolts tonight, and resnug them. The 4 middle ones were the ones I was worried about because there is no easy access to them. I am glad I ordered new mounts, as the rubber ones are worse than I thought. Looking under the blazer tonight made me realize by doing 1 side at a time it should keep the body and frame located so I shouldn't have to (hoping) do much moving the body around to get all the bolts/holes to line up

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Thanks guys. The instructions do not give torque specs. The instructions don't even have good pics of how they fit, I am hoping its self explanatory what direction they fit. I installed poly transfercase mounts today, and realized no torque specs for those either. Im going to email ORD tonight and see what they say. I was able to loosen the 4 middle bolts tonight, and resnug them. The 4 middle ones were the ones I was worried about because there is no easy access to them. I am glad I ordered new mounts, as the rubber ones are worse than I thought. Looking under the blazer tonight made me realize by doing 1 side at a time it should keep the body and frame located so I shouldn't have to (hoping) do much moving the body around to get all the bolts/holes to line up

you should remove them and coat with anti seize. I have done what you did and have had them stick hard when I went back to work on them again. That way also you get to see if you need to get new bolts.

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
Anti seize very important!

dan1033439

Reaction score
First Name
dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
got a response today from off road design that the torque spec is 85 ftlbs. I have all new bolts, and should be doing the lift and mounts in the next few weeks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garcjay