Blown Fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Paul

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I have a problem that truck is blowing tail light fuse. I ve unplugged plugs from firewall and then plugged the main plug back into back of fusebox, without any wires plugged into tail lights or the wires plugged into fusebox the fuse blows anyway, but all my other fuses are fine and stay good. It`s only the fuse for tail lights without going to any of the lights ???

HELP !!!

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
That orange wire splits off and goes all over the place. Try unplugging the cigarette lighter, check the courtesy lights wiring for chafing under the dash..

You have seen the backside of the fuse block - it looks like a bowl of spaghetti right?

It is possible that there is a short to ground within the fuse block itself. Look at the wiring near the screws that clamp the two halves of the fuse block together and hold it to the firewall.

Big Paul

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I do want to thank you very much for your advice on this matter. I went as far as even smelling, ohming, dc voltage test and followed wires to tail and running lights ! Thanks to your suggestion I found the problem on the cigarette lighter where it was completely unplugged and laying on the cab dashboard underneath !
Once again THANK YOU !

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Everything I know about that circuit, I learned from 89Suburban. He once said:

"2 orange wires to one terminal, one orange is the feed from the fuse box, the other orange actually runs to and feeds the cigarette lighter. Right there is a test you can perform and see if your cigarette lighter is working and has power, if so, there should be power to the horn relay also."

I listened and learned.

That man has forgotten far more than I ever knew!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajiuo666