Bench and Bucket Seat Track Identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duderino

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
And a second question, I also just found a rear bench that is double hinged, in that the seat back folds forward, then the whole seat flips forward to fold out of the way. Would this work in the 87? And if so, is there any special hardware I need to make sure is on the bench before I buy it?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I just realized I have more info to gather and post, sorry for the delay.

So, I just joined this forum, mainly to ask this question. Sorry to bring back a dead thread, but, this thread is the closest I've found to having an answer.

Anyways, I have an 87 K5 that I bought without a rear bench seat, and rear benches seem to be as rare as hens teeth around here. What year blazers can I take a bench from for mine? I found a bench from a 78, would that work?

Thanks

And a second question, I also just found a rear bench that is double hinged, in that the seat back folds forward, then the whole seat flips forward to fold out of the way. Would this work in the 87? And if so, is there any special hardware I need to make sure is on the bench before I buy it?

Any K5 rear seat from '87-'91 will work and they all fold and tumble. They bolt to the floor at the front of the seat and they latch to the floor at the rear. If the '78 seat you have only folds but not tumbles, it's probably from a Suburban. Is it held to the floor with 4 latches?. If it bolts at all for corners, it's for an earlier K5 or an earlier year Suburban.

Duderino

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Not sure about the one out of the 78, and the bench that flips forward is out of an unknown truck, but the seller said that it clips in at the back of the seat, and it has "flat hinges/brackets"

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I got some to add here. On my '90 R1500 Burb the bucket seats brackets bolted right to the floor at all four points of the seat tracks. There was no bracket welded to the floor on the front right side of the driver's seat or the left front side of the pass seat. The bench seat from my '89 V1500 did bolt up right in place of the buckets/console using the same 4 outer holes. However putting the buckets into the '89 to compare floor pans they are different and IMO would require those said floor welded brackets. So if you were to sit in the '89 with the '90's bucket seats they want to lean towards center and forward. There is also a bracket bolted to the floor for the rear of the center console.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I like the idea of putting the suburban buckets in my truck and i LOVE the idea of a center console. But i ride 3 deep fairly often, any ideas on a fold down center console that would allow me to have a third seat?

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
A guy I work with has leather ford lariat seats and console in his 86 k10. Not sure how they are mounted, and I wouldn't put ferd seats in MY chevy, but he seems to like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I like the idea of putting the suburban buckets in my truck and i LOVE the idea of a center console. But i ride 3 deep fairly often, any ideas on a fold down center console that would allow me to have a third seat?

Better off getting the 60/40 with fold down console in the GMT series.

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Gmt400? I read the GMT 800 write up and it is far more work than I want to and can afford to invest in.

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Ever heard of anyone using one of the 90's dodge 40/20/40 seats with the fold down console?

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I got some to add here. On my '90 R1500 Burb the bucket seats brackets bolted right to the floor at all four points of the seat tracks. There was no bracket welded to the floor on the front right side of the driver's seat or the left front side of the pass seat. The bench seat from my '89 V1500 did bolt up right in place of the buckets/console using the same 4 outer holes. However putting the buckets into the '89 to compare floor pans they are different and IMO would require those said floor welded brackets. So if you were to sit in the '89 with the '90's bucket seats they want to lean towards center and forward. There is also a bracket bolted to the floor for the rear of the center console.

I'm going to bring this thread back from the dead again. I have been going through the seat threads and haven't really found an answer to what I am wanting to do. I have a split bench seat out of a 92 GMT 400 extended cab pickup. I would like to put it in my 90 suburban in place of the factory buckets and console. Does anyone know how much fab work that would take?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'm going to bring this thread back from the dead again. I have been going through the seat threads and haven't really found an answer to what I am wanting to do. I have a split bench seat out of a 92 GMT 400 extended cab pickup. I would like to put it in my 90 suburban in place of the factory buckets and console. Does anyone know how much fab work that would take?

If GM constructed them like the 60/40 seats in many of their cars, there's a good chance they will bolt up to your factory bucket seat tracks with maybe only minor modifications.

I once had the driver's side of one of those 60/40 seats as furniture in my old apartment, but I can't remember at all where the tracks mounted up to it, lol.

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
If GM constructed them like the 60/40 seats in many of their cars, there's a good chance they will bolt up to your factory bucket seat tracks with maybe only minor modifications.

I once had the driver's side of one of those 60/40 seats as furniture in my old apartment, but I can't remember at all where the tracks mounted up to it, lol.

That is what I was hoping to try. I will have to pull them out and look it over.

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
i'm so lucky that i found a complete C10 reg cab bucket seat, all the bracket and console! i allready got the floor bracket in the pass that i collected for future bench swap! :)

happy to find this post! helping me a lot! :)

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
i'm so lucky that i found a complete C10 reg cab bucket seat, all the bracket and console! i allready got the floor bracket in the pass that i collected for future bench swap! :)

happy to find this post! helping me a lot! :)

Nice find!

Of you were local, I'd offer to trade my buckskin colored buckets since I'm guessing you are going to reupholster anyways. That oyster color is what mine are going to be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84