Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I really thought I was going to be in the minority when I suggested a rubber mat. Looks like I was wrong!

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@AyWoSch Motors,

You never said anything about keeping it pristinely original did you? I don't think so. You were talking about being a sliding around in the dirt country boy who worked a pickup truck like they were designed to be used, right? Then don't worry about resale value, keeping it original looking (I think it's beyond that), or a working show truck either. None of those things. If you need to get more time out of the bed then send it a pro bed liner spraying place and get a pro job on it, and don't be concerned about anything else. You want it to last, then that's what you will get.

Actually I like what @45tt suggested that if you are going to be carrying something heavy and or pointed that might dig into the coating, then get you a good mat like he's showing and throw that in the bed before you leave. And when you get home and done with what you needed it for, pull it out, hose out the bed, hand the mat up to dry, and go in and have a beer. It's a work truck. Then use it for work, not nothin' else. Then you won't be worried about it if the spray on liner gets scuffed or not. Gee, that's what it's for, so the paint won't take the damage.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@AyWoSch Motors,

Sounds good. It's what your plans were for it. If it was going to be the only truck you had for what you were doing then you probably would have got it lined. But since you're building a work truck and save the short bed then you made a good decision. And not that I would know, it sounds like a good decision to me.
I've seen some very strange things bed liner was sprayed on, like the whole engine compartment of a truck I saw. That one I couldn't figure out at all. I could see spraying it on the floor of the cab if you were going to be hosing it out a lot, it would protect it from rusting out. I didn't know this but a lot of truck owners actually hose the floor of their truck out like it's the damn patio! Then they act like nothings wrong when they can see the road going by under their feet.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@TPISly-C10,

Wow, that mat looks good. It's from Westin. Seems like I've seen that name in a 4x4 magazine somewhere.

NJakey

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I've used Line-X and it holds up well. Some companies are offering color matched spray-in bedliner. Once I paint my truck I'll have it done, but I'm not sure if I'll have it go under or over the rail.
Don’t paint your truck man. That patina looks sick.

Termite_Delight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
1976 1975
Truck Model
K2500 K2500
Engine Size
350 L33
I used 2 4'x6' rubber horse mats cut to fit. They are 3/4" thick.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I used 2 4'x6' rubber horse mats cut to fit. They are 3/4" thick.

I used one of those in the bed of my Willys.
They're about 25$ here at my Tractor Supply, that sounds like a good option.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1