Beadlock and tires and back spacing.. oh my.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Got my tires! And 2 of the back ordered wheels are FINALLY on the way. So today I started mounting one tire before work.

Installing a snap valve stem was easy. (had never done this). These wheels have 2 valve stems per wheel. Some soapy water, then just pull them thru.

I watched a lot of videos on this. Some guys place the tire flat on the ground then throw (yes, throw) the wheel down into the tire to seat it. I don't like the idea of throwing a wheel. Others place the wheel down into the tire and then jump on the wheel. I went the other route. Placed the wheel on the ground on some card board. Place the tire on top, then flopped on top of the tire (in some Nacho Libre wrestling move). Wheel popped right thru. I did use a bit of soapy water for lube.

I then poured my airsoft BBs into the tire. Kinda a mistake. When picking up the tire/wheel to place on a 5 gallon bucket I spilled some BBs. I recovered them and added them again. For the next tire I'm gonna to wait on the airsoft BBs. I think after I get the ring mounted I'll push in the inner sidewall and stuff a long narrow funnel into the tire and pour the BBs in then...

Then sat down and unwrapped each and every bolt. KMC wraps up each bolt individually in paper so the threads aren't banged up. Then coated in anti-seize. Then cross pattern for the next hour or so. I had to stop and go to work before completed. Bolts are at 10 ft/lbs. Need to go to 20-24 ft/lbs.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm in the middle of doing crossover steering also- that's why it's a mess around the truck.

Wheel without the ring.

One of the more relaxing things I've done. Can't be in a hurry on this. Seems you have to tighten these bolts a few hundred times for the ring to seat down evenly. Glad the weather today was awesome.

Will finish up this tire tomorrow, then should get the second tire/wheel done this weekend. The last 2 wheels should show up late next week.

:banana-mario:

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
That's going to look awesome. I can't wait to see the finished product and your truck showing off it's fancy new sneakers. I'm a tad jealous lol

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I then poured my airsoft BBs into the tire. Kinda a mistake. When picking up the tire/wheel to place on a 5 gallon bucket I spilled some BBs. I recovered them and added them again. For the next tire I'm gonna to wait on the airsoft BBs. I think after I get the ring mounted I'll push in the inner sidewall and stuff a long narrow funnel into the tire and pour the BBs in then...

Well- the second tire I tried doing what I said above. No- that wasn't a good idea. Couldn't get a funnel into the inner sidewall. Not even close. I ended up stuffing interior trim piece tools between the rim and the tire. That was barely enough room for the little tiny airsoft BBs to ft thru... and it wasn't much fun to feed in 1000 BBs that way.

Old tire and new tire width comparison: New tire is 0.85" wider.

TubeTruck

Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Well- the second tire I tried doing what I said above. No- that wasn't a good idea. Couldn't get a funnel into the inner sidewall. Not even close. I ended up stuffing interior trim piece tools between the rim and the tire. That was barely enough room for the little tiny airsoft BBs to ft thru... and it wasn't much fun to feed in 1000 BBs that way.

Old tire and new tire width comparison: New tire is 0.85" wider.

That's kinda what I did to mine. Seated the tire, broke one side loose, stood on the tire to pull if off the bead and dumped them in.

colonel mustard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5 blazer
Engine Size
Got my tires! And 2 of the back ordered wheels are FINALLY on the way. So today I started mounting one tire before work.

Installing a snap valve stem was easy. (had never done this). These wheels have 2 valve stems per wheel. Some soapy water, then just pull them thru.

I watched a lot of videos on this. Some guys place the tire flat on the ground then throw (yes, throw) the wheel down into the tire to seat it. I don't like the idea of throwing a wheel. Others place the wheel down into the tire and then jump on the wheel. I went the other route. Placed the wheel on the ground on some card board. Place the tire on top, then flopped on top of the tire (in some Nacho Libre wrestling move). Wheel popped right thru. I did use a bit of soapy water for lube.

Then sat down and unwrapped each and every bolt. KMC wraps up each bolt individually in paper so the threads aren't banged up. Then coated in anti-seize. Then cross pattern for the next hour or so. I had to stop and go to work before completed. Bolts are at 10 ft/lbs. Need to go to 20-24 ft/lbs.

I'm in the middle of doing crossover steering also- that's why it's a mess around the truck.

Wheel without the ring.

One of the more relaxing things I've done. Can't be in a hurry on this. Seems you have to tighten these bolts a few hundred times for the ring to seat down evenly. Glad the weather today was awesome.

Will finish up this tire tomorrow, then should get the second tire/wheel done this weekend. The last 2 wheels should show up late next week.

:banana-mario:

Looks killer man !!! Really nice !

colonel mustard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5 blazer
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images

Finally got my D60 installed with ARB locker. the swap was easy as 1-2-3. the only thing i had to modify was the cross over steer drag link. it needed to be shorter that what it was with the 10 bolt. i feel all grown up now.

Next is fuel injection and tube doors

colonel mustard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5 blazer
Engine Size
@colonel mustard Could you also take a shot down the side of the truck? I want to see how far the tires stick out of the fenders. Thanks

i know this is forever late....but i found a picture i think you were asking for

You must be registered for see images

TubeTruck

Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Yup, that's what I was looking for. Now I gotta go back and see why I asked the question lol

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Got them on the truck. Front centercaps will need to be slightly modified to fit. Drove on the highway with them- best tire balance I've had in many many years.

The extra width will be nice on some of the sidehills.

TubeTruck

Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Got them on the truck. Front centercaps will need to be slightly modified to fit. Drove on the highway with them- best tire balance I've had in many many years.

The extra width will be nice on some of the sidehills.

You need to drive it more. They still have the stickers lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK