are we there yet project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
screwed up today. Finished with some sand blasting and cleaning of the core support. Then went to spray a quick coat of primer. Got in a hurry and been interrupted couple of times, resulted that i did not notice that the rag left fibers all over it. By the time noticed it, was already too late. Will be doing sanding and respray of primer to fix it next week.

You must be registered for see images attach

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Slow progress is slow. Got engine on the stand, picked up a dent free set of intake runners and stripped the front of the car. Need to take care of the firewall before the engine is ready to go in.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Well, true to the title it took about 6 months before I have a painted core support and motor mounts.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
And a bit of a move on this one. Got the passenger door unstuck, but still strugling with driver side. Been sanding a bit on the firewall. And cleaned up the intake runner mating surfaces and installed back with new gaskets. Also started to wash all the grease off. Will be replacing oil pan and valve cover gaskets.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
700r4 was next for a wash. It was solid black prior.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
A bit more progress. Driver side door was stuck closed. Took it off while still latched after messing with it for a month. With access open, removed everything from the firewall. Prepped and painted it. Quick and simple, welded couple of broken welds. Did not do extra smoothing, closing of extra holes, etc... It will never get done if I do not focuse on making it a driver. Used combination of rust converter(on seams), primer, 3m undercoating and single stage black. Undercoating stops at the top seam below the cowl. Now need to fix the oil pan on the motor, install shift kit on 700r4 and mount them in the car.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Patience is key. Somethings are worth the wait especially when doing a complete frame off restoration. The fun of a project like yours is knowing that you had a major part in the work. I have fun finding the hard to find parts....it's a trrasure hunt at least for me. Problem is when I am done with one project vehicle, I get bored and start another. My wife calls it a "sickness". Project cars and trucks is a stress relief for me...even though blood, sweat and a lot of beers are gone through in the process.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Patience is key. Somethings are worth the wait especially when doing a complete frame off restoration. The fun of a project like yours is knowing that you had a major part in the work. I have fun finding the hard to find parts....it's a trrasure hunt at least for me. Problem is when I am done with one project vehicle, I get bored and start another. My wife calls it a "sickness". Project cars and trucks is a stress relief for me...even though blood, sweat and a lot of beers are gone through in the process.
Amen

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Lol...I should probably start a support group for my "project addiction anonymous "

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I just get bored with them when they are done and sell them off. But if my next project comes to fruition the it will be used to haul the black truck.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Yep, and the best part is when some asks who built it, you can say "I did it"..

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Got the jr kit installed on the 700r4, 093 servo, and 0.470 boost valve. Also got new seperator plate and gaskets. Old one was really stuck to the valve body. I could not follow instructions to grind on the pr valve. Lathe worked nicely instead. Then realised that I have ls1 style torque converter because I gave away the other one long time ago. There went more money to pick up a new reman from the parts store. Went with 2100 stall instead of stock 1600

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Got the jr kit installed on the 700r4, 093 servo, and 0.470 boost valve. Also got new seperator plate and gaskets. Old one was really stuck to the valve body. I could not follow instructions to grind on the pr valve. Lathe worked nicely instead. Then realised that I have ls1 style torque converter because I gave away the other one long time ago. There went more money to pick up a new reman from the parts store. Went with 2100 stall instead of stock 1600
Cool but I wouldn't store it with the converter hanging in there. You will be sorry later when the seal starts leaking.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
All bolted together and in the car.