Anti wraps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
What exactly are the pros and cons of anti wrap bars?

slowgo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500 3+3
Engine Size
454, nv4500, 205, 4.56 rp
Pros.
No axle wrap, reduces stress on springs
No tire hop, no broken spider gears or drive lines
Quicker times at the track, 100% of the power from the driveline makes it to the tires. No power loss from axle wrap and torque transfer.

Cons
Decrease clearance
bulky
Something else to break

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
I like the pros, I'll deal with the cons! thanks dudes!

slowgo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500 3+3
Engine Size
454, nv4500, 205, 4.56 rp
Thanks for the link. Why do I see trucks with them on both sides?

Those are probably ladder bars. Usually used in conjunction with big ass lift blocks. They also limit wrap but there primary purpose is to keep the rear axle in check... I think they are gayer than a 2 peckered Billy goat. Don't put those on your truck.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
This is the wrong link. [URL="http://www.tmrcustoms.com/store/index.php

Last edited:

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
Thanks slowgo

Those are what I was talking about. I don't like the ladder style bars but the ones in the link are what I would use if I do. I have a mig welder and enough experience to install them, I just have to decide if that's what I want.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Do you have any issues right now with axle wrap? When you spin the rear tires does your axle hop up and down? My '03 Silverado 2500HD with an optional heavy duty suspension on the back of it is HORRIBLE about axle wrap/axle bouncing. Does it in sand, dirt, gravel, snow... and it is stock height with Bilstein 5100 shocks on it. It also has a rear locker.

My '77 K20 has blocks on the back and a locker, but I've yet to have the axle bounce on that when spinning. So I've never worried about it.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Do you have any issues right now with axle wrap? When you spin the rear tires does your axle hop up and down? My '03 Silverado 2500HD with an optional heavy duty suspension on the back of it is HORRIBLE about axle wrap/axle bouncing. Does it in sand, dirt, gravel, snow... and it is stock height with Bilstein 5100 shocks on it. It also has a rear locker.

My '77 K20 has blocks on the back and a locker, but I've yet to have the axle bounce on that when spinning. So I've never worried about it.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
Nothing As Of Yet

I haven't driven my truck yet. I know that sounds SAD:whymewhyme: but I'm looking to the future when I do get to go off road and I'm driving it hard. I've only been able to move it around my yard and I've spun the tires of coarse! Well in my case one tire..... not sure if it's a LSD or not? The axle did not hop, I was in loose dirt and did not push it too hard.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I suppose if it were me and since you have a nice lift and big tires already I'd start checking out that rear diff and see if you do have a LSD in it. If not, they do wonders. I was able to go places in 2wd that I had to use 4wd before. And for the first time my latest truck even has one in the front axle. Amazing where it can go now.

Although I saw you had talk about Rockwell axles. If you aren't going to keep what you have now for long no sense in putting money into your stock axles.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
All you have to do is roll the pinion down a bit so when you are on it it's in line with the driveshaft and your axle wrap is gone , (done it lots of times) I would only use a ladder bar , or bars for high horsepower rig's , mud racing , etc... not needed if your pinion angle is right on a street truck.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
Pinion Angle

All you have to do is roll the pinion down a bit so when you are on it it's in line with the driveshaft and your axle wrap is gone , (done it lots of times) I would only use a ladder bar , or bars for high horsepower rig's , mud racing , etc... not needed if your pinion angle is right on a street truck.

Can you post a pic of how it should look? Mine is probably fine but I don't know for sure?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx