One piece window conversion??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Islandlife78

Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc
Engine Size
350sbc
Has anyone don’t and a one piece window conversion to get rid of vent windows? If so what are the pros and cons

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Pro's: looks good, less wind noise. Great for a show car, weekend cruiser
Con's: I haven't seen too many people with much success in making them reliable. A few that I have talked to say they have to adjust them annually.

There are some other threads on here where others have asked the same question and I haven't seen/ heard any long term updates on reliability.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
It costs a ton but sure it's possible.
WAY cheaper to stick a quarter or a nickel - maybe a dime in the lever when you close it though.
I run $0.15 in my passenger side. If you can figure out how go shut them up for less that? Well, i'm all ears!

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I met a guy with an 84 C10 that installed one, and honestly, I just didn't like it. I usually drive around whatever truck I am currently rehabbing for 3-6 months. The one I currently am in is a 1980 GMC K15 with no factory air. No dash vents, just the kick panel pull knobs and the vent windows. You would think when I need to go to town during the humid summer dog days here in the south, I would take my late model 2500 Silverado. Nope, it stays in the pole barn. I pull those vent knobs open, and crank the side vent windows all the way out and I love it.
I am sure some folks prefer no vents, but I just have too many other things going on to add a cosmetic update to my list.
I'll only add that it may or may not affect resale, depending on how you styled the rest of the truck.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I am in a holding pattern on my vent windows. I have never opened them as the first attempt I made little plastic pieces of the bushings in the handle came out and the slight sound that is made, mostly from the passenger vent when I have to go over 45 mph. I want them to work but don't have coverage for my truck(a garage or carport) for the amount of time I would have to devote to taking g them out and refurbishing them. I would love to buy new full assemblies but most are sold out and the ones available don't match left side to right side: clear, tinted, green tint etc... but in the long run, I want the vent windows and I want to use them. The full windows look weird.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have no A/c and love my vent windows. The drivers side whistled, and I got a (about) $10 kit from LMC for a new handle assy, and they are now quiet, and cool. Gonna be 94 here today, think I might test em out..

BadBowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
5.0L
About 9-10 years back, I found NOS 1989-91 Blazer/Suburban vent windows, with the updated seal design. LOVED those in my old 1983 Silverado....

David King

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
There is a YouTube video out there, Brothers, I think, that shows how to change to the ventless windows. After watching that, it might make up your mind for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe