another np208 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamv7010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
adam
Truck Year
1984, 1982
Truck Model
k10 silverado, k10 suburban
Engine Size
When I bought my burb the tcase was ****...I picked up a used one from a local 4x4 forum for 50 bucks...not bad I didn't think. Seller claimed it had been rebuilt within the last 15kmiles but don't they all...at any rate...swapped it Saturday and filled it up w fluid...seemed to shift fine and all that good stuff..

Tonight I noticed a fair size puddle of fluid on the ground while at wal mart...took a look and looks like the front output seal is shot...no big deal to replace ...

Got to thinking about it around 9 tonight so I commenced to cranking the rattling ass 6.2 and pissed the neighborhood off...it goes into 4hi fine..but a couple times outta the few I went through the 4wd selections it acted like it didn't want to go in 4lo or N...I could reverse just a few feet and it would then engage ...BUT I noticed a faint moan/roar when in 4lo WHILE IDLING IN PARK....not moving ...anyone have any clue why a moan would be present while idling in park?

adamv7010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
adam
Truck Year
1984, 1982
Truck Model
Engine Size
Ttt

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I dunno man, just turn up the radio and run it til it breaks. :roflbow:

I don't think anything should be spinning in the t-case if the truck is in park. Don;t make sense to me, unless it's just a vibration from that diesel rattling something in the drive line that usually have pressure on it while not in neutral. I wouldn't worry about it unless you feel something wrong while it is in motion and engaged. Fix the seal and fill her up and she how it goes is all I can say.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Moan/roar I would blame low oil or bad bearings in the t-case. As far as how hard it is to shift the linkage could probably use adjustment.

adamv7010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
adam
Truck Year
1984, 1982
Truck Model
Engine Size
I dunno man, just turn up the radio and run it til it breaks. :roflbow:

I don't think anything should be spinning in the t-case if the truck is in park. Don;t make sense to me, unless it's just a vibration from that diesel rattling something in the drive line that usually have pressure on it while not in neutral. I wouldn't worry about it unless you feel something wrong while it is in motion and engaged. Fix the seal and fill her up and she how it goes is all I can say.

I would love to turn the radio up...but she's a factory radio delete truck ha...

Im gonna swap the seal this weekend ands how it does...I wish I had a seal puller...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes