Another 400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackdog3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
God Damn, today pulled into my shop to start the day.... what do i see trans fluid pouring out from under the truck. I had the trans rebuild a few months ago, finally got the truck on the road last week... put about 150 miles on it and the damn seal again blew out... what could keep causing this.... so pissed....

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Which seal?

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Front seal @ the pump? HRPC is the man for this one!

Blackdog3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
Sorry it is the front seal. Back when i first got the truck back, it blew out. I was told the trans was bad had it rebuilt. I havent put 300 miles on the truck since i got it back in March and just started driving it last week when it got inspected. Very frustrating.....

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I'd take it back to them ans ask them wtf....

Blackdog3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
o i called the guy this morning... i remained calm and said you have to come get this truck and fix this now. I talked my mech and he said there must be something wrong with the torque convertor not fitting correctly.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Might read over HRPC's trans threads. ****** dont read a thread unless he's subscribed to it lol. Seems like I remember him mentioning something causing the front seal to blow out every time for some reason or another. Or PM the bastage lol I aggrivate the **** outta him sometimes hahaha!

Blackdog3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
I guess i haven't been around long enough, who is HRPC?

Chris

Blackdog3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
Thanks, I PM'ed him.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
OK, thanks for the heads up on the thread. I've been getting better a checking for new threads daily at least once, and usually 3 times or more a day. So get off me fuggers !!!:flipthebird:
:Sumo::Sumo::Sumo: :roflbow: :roflbow: :roflbow: :roflbow: :roflbow:

To the problem, I not thinking it has anything at all do with the TC. It very well could, but I'm thinking no and would be suprised if it is. You mention you use an advance adapter to convert this trans to a Cummins 5.9. So let me ask this, how is the trans getting its vacuum from a diesel engine? Has someone installed a vac amplifier of sorts? Have they bypassed the need for a vac modulator with a cable to the throttle maybe? This is important, cuz its possible that your line pressure is going way to high and blowing he seal out. However, line pressure can blow out seals in other places, and I'd say its pretty tough to blow out the front seal. So then I have to wonder if there has been a mod made to the front pump and has possibly had a pressure bleed off blocked off? I'd also wonder if the pump gears may not be intalled upside down. Then, I'd also wonder how this advance adapter works. How far does the adapter let the converter come forward to match the flywheel? I think you're going to find that the problem will come with something to do with the Cummins conversion. Hopefully no big deal and something that can be rectified. I'll see if I can't do some research about a Th400 and a Cummins, and see if I can't find some info on this Advance Adapter.

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:popcorn:

Blackdog3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
I made a mistake hotrod... its from destroked the adapter that is. Thats some good questions, i forward it to the guy who did the swap.

Chris

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctonton