Another 400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackdog3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
Update: Found out today it was the Torque convertor that failed. It cracked that the snout causing fluid loss. I called monster transmissions for a new one. Looks like the reason why mine failed was because there was no extra reinforcement around the snout. The monster ones comes with reinforcement made for high torque applications, which i have, and 1350 stall. So hopefully I can get this truck back together again soon.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Update: Found out today it was the Torque convertor that failed. It cracked that the snout causing fluid loss. I called monster transmissions for a new one. Looks like the reason why mine failed was because there was no extra reinforcement around the snout. The monster ones comes with reinforcement made for high torque applications, which i have, and 1350 stall. So hopefully I can get this truck back together again soon.

Good New BD, I was hoping that is what it was. I did get your PM, I apoligize I forgot to get back to it last night. Been buys as hell with the new job. The only other thing as you asked to check on, is the go ahead and put a new front seal in anyway. NO telling what damage that bad converter did to that seal, and for the insurance of a $5 seal, Nike shoes brutha, JUST DO IT !!!

Blackdog3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
10-4 man. I plan on putting that new seal in. I think i am gonna order the TC from monster transmissions. They seem like a really passionate company.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70meyers