Air Conditioning Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
hang on, being my ac compressor is missing entirely, will i not have defrosting capabilities?
You'll have defrost, it just doesn't pull the moisture out of the air like a/c does. That's why cars drip clean water on the ground when the a/c is on, it's pulling moisture out of the air.

LocoLocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
There seems to be a ton of dust getting in my cab. I know the windows and doors could use new seals, but this is dust that is under the dash and even behind the plastic over the gauges. The truck has A/C but it's disconnected. I am wondering if there is dust getting in through the disconnected A/C system? Short of buying the a/c delete plate, what else could I do to try and seal it up, if that is the culprit?

As for the ducts - do they all blow heat and A/C? Wondering which ones I can remove if I am not using A/C.

The heat is blowing, but not hot, so I am thinking I need to replace the heater core. I did see @SirRobyn0 write up on that, and am going to check that out.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
There seems to be a ton of dust getting in my cab. I know the windows and doors could use new seals, but this is dust that is under the dash and even behind the plastic over the gauges. The truck has A/C but it's disconnected. I am wondering if there is dust getting in through the disconnected A/C system? Short of buying the a/c delete plate, what else could I do to try and seal it up, if that is the culprit?

As for the ducts - do they all blow heat and A/C? Wondering which ones I can remove if I am not using A/C.

The heat is blowing, but not hot, so I am thinking I need to replace the heater core. I did see @SirRobyn0 write up on that, and am going to check that out.
Please feel free to ask questions about the heat core replacement if you have any and I'll do my best to answer them. Thanks.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
@Raider L @PrairieDrifter

UPDATE

It's been a while, forgot about this thread. Not sure if you guys saw my posts a bit ago in "What have you done to your square lately?" but I put my AC delete process photos there. I'll reattach them here just for the convenience/future reference.

Ended up having to fab the power steering/ac compressor bracket so it just accommodated the PS pump. I had a non-AC one around to duplicate the best i could. Then i completely removed the plenum on the engine bay side and the heater box on the inside. Did a TON of measurements and patched the hole on the firewall and had to make a new one. Relocated the heater core slots, etc. Bought original period correct used (obviously) heater box (both in-cab and engine side). Bought a new heater core and hoses and such. I also had to replaced the economy controls from AC to just heater. Had to get a heater-only wiring harness. Had to make 1 splice. Painted up the firewall, put some uncoating on it to make it look like factory sealant and ALL GOOD. I used my dad's '76 heater-only cab as a reference piece. At a glance you may think it's original; just how i intended. Hope you guys think so too.

You must be registered for see images attach

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
CONTINUED

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
CONTINUED

And then all said and done, i had pulled every last piece of AC related crap out like it never happened.

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
oh man i wish you were closer to me i would take all that off your hands.....

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
CONTINUED

You’re speaking my language. This is one of my major to-do projects upcoming. Some of what you had to do, bracketry, etc, was already done when I purchased the truck. It was originally a straight 6 truck, and the engine swap that I inherited with the purchase entailed a 350 with camel hump heads without accessory holes, so that was remedied and all of the a/c stuff was chucked at some point. I just have this eyesore leftover in the engine bay.

Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Classic industries has an AC delete cover that I used. It replaces that entire AC box under the hood, no welding required

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1