Adding Factory Roof Rack - Proper Mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
The trailer is kinda redneck. I used aluminized 1 1/2 exhaust tubing. Put 1/2 inch OSB (4x8) for the floor ,covered with indoor/outdoor rug, 4 posts evenly spaced vertically at each end, about 5 feet tall ,then a crossbar at each end for the second tier. They sit on their sides while transporting. You can take however many you want up to 6. Use good old Harbor Fright ratchet straps to secure. We won't be up til mid June , try to get a couple of pics then. We have hauled them to and from Weiser to McCall without any problems , YET. Used to have a muffler shop/ alignment shop til 2017. Sold out and moved to a smaller operation and kind of retired. Still do alignment work on street rods and muscle cars and hot rods for the guys I like!! Plus keeping my stuff going ,the kids stuff and the grandkids stuff. I got job security

Redneck can, and usually is functional. Sounds like a useful rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC