ac vacuum lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hottshot0069

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.0 / 305
Howdy everyone, I just found this forum and thread (which is awesome BTW)! I will be utilizing this forum a great deal as I repair issues I have with my truck. I am currently in the process of getting my A/C back going, everything is there, I just need to go through everything, clean or and replace items that will need to be replaced. I believe it was a R12 system but there is not anything in the system so I am currently looking into other options for refrigerant, any suggestion? I'm thinking Freeze 12? I really don't want to convert to 134A.

So the real reason I am writing is below.

I have a 84 c10 that I purchased in Oct. 2019 and everything is original and from what I can tell I need to replace the main grey A/C Vac line that runs through the firewall to the Vac can. I only have about an inch and a half sticking through the firewall and it is VERY brittle. I am wanting to replace the whole line. Does anyone know what sizes of the A/C control Vac lines? Or is there some other line I can use that is comparable in size? this is the HARD line (poly i believe).

I will also be wanting to replace every Vac line and removing the charcoal can on this truck, can some tell me the sizes of the engine compartment Vac lines as well?

Thank you in advance

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
@Hottshot0069 I believe the stock hard vacuum line for the A/C are 3mm. I used air line from Napa, but my store only had 4mm. I had to use some rubber connectors to make it work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevbak88