Pissing match

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
This quote and picture bs is passing me off!!!! Wtf! Why is it only happening to me?
It's been messing with me too posted about it,got no advice. Try just using attachments,that's the only way I can put up a pic

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
You are quoting @CatRacer ...NOT @Catbox .....???????
Yeahhhhhh.....
I have no posts on this thread yet.

I have a round eye truck and thanks to Jeeps, I have tons of options.
Currently using Jeep takeoff housings and some Sylvania lights.
LED's will be next.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
It was a play on words.. You Rock! I changed it to avoid confusion. Carry on.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
the difference at night is incredible, his low beams are twice as bright as his stock lights on hi beams
Might be incredible from inside the car, but the fact that the low beams are twice as bright as most people's high beams is certainly not amazing for anyone in the oncoming lane, or driving in front of you for that matter. That doesn't even sound street legal, pretty dangerous actually.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I cleaned my wires up last weekend and forgot to mention that the black wires that goes to one terminal on the lights had that green dust on it even after I strip it back some. Seems corrosion has gone through the whole wire? Maybe that's why they go off and on while driving with them on. Gonna put the new ones I got from lmc on tomorrow weather permits.

Rumbledawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crewcab
Engine Size
Might be incredible from inside the car, but the fact that the low beams are twice as bright as most people's high beams is certainly not amazing for anyone in the oncoming lane, or driving in front of you for that matter. That doesn't even sound street legal, pretty dangerous actually.
dangerous??
hardly. when you aim them properly it's no big deal. and the fact there twice as bright just shows how crappy the stock sealed beams were.
there also DOT approved anyway

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Those lights say they use 9003 bulbs. Here's what I see when I looked them up for legality/safety. They are legal as a fog light,not a headlight. But who cares about stupid laws and technicalities, nobody cares and nobody's going to get caught ,blah blah,blah.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-24_212559.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-24_212559.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2023-02-24_214544.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-24_214544.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I know for an absolute fact that in this accident bright lights were definitely a factor.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-24_215837.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-24_215837.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 51

Rumbledawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crewcab
Engine Size
Those lights say they use 9003 bulbs. Here's what I see when I looked them up for legality/safety. They are legal as a fog light,not a headlight. But who cares about stupid laws and technicalities, nobody cares and nobody's going to get caught ,blah blah,blah.
good for you. in BC there legal.
like i said, if YOU know how to properly aim a light...maybe thats your problem, you don't know how to aim...
I know for an absolute fact that in this accident bright lights were definitely a factor.
so.
what's that have to do with the lights in my son's firebird?? have you ever stood in front of his car?? has his lights blinded you all the way down in Kansas? maybe keep your opinions to yourself.
hay, if you don't like them, that's your prob, not mine. but don't go around making stupid blanket comments about being dangerous.
ps, maybe you need glasses or get your eyes checked if led lights bother you so much...jeebuz.....

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
It's not an opinion it's law. Have a nice night.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-24_232039.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-24_232039.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 37

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
dangerous??
hardly. when you aim them properly it's no big deal. and the fact there twice as bright just shows how crappy the stock sealed beams were.
there also DOT approved anyway
Yeah, blinding people while they're trying to drive is a pretty dangerous thing, that's why they have "failure to dim" laws for when you don't shut your high beams off for oncoming traffic. The LED lights on brand new Ford trucks are DOT approved too, and I have never met a soul that doesn't say those trucks' lights are too damn bright and don't belong on the road, besides the people who own them of course.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
good for you. in BC there legal.
like i said, if YOU know how to properly aim a light...maybe thats your problem, you don't know how to aim...

so.
what's that have to do with the lights in my son's firebird?? have you ever stood in front of his car?? has his lights blinded you all the way down in Kansas? maybe keep your opinions to yourself.
hay, if you don't like them, that's your prob, not mine. but don't go around making stupid blanket comments about being dangerous.
ps, maybe you need glasses or get your eyes checked if led lights bother you so much...jeebuz.....
Nice attitude. Nobody's here saying they don't like the appearance of them, it's not a matter of personal taste. Not an opinion either, having lights that are too bright is dangerous, that is fact. You say "your problem, not mine", well it will be your problem one day when some jerk blinds you with HIS bright lights and you crash. Then of course I'm sure you'll complain that he was being irresponsible and try to sue him for causing an accident. It's all fine and dandy when you're the one blinding everyone and you don't have to deal with it, but it's not so fun when the shoe is on the other foot...

And no glasses needed I actually have better than 20/20 vision, but yeah LED lights strain the heck out of my eyes, they are an ungodly unnatural glow that consumes my whole field of vision (and many many many people share that opinion, that's why they're trying to pass regulations to limit how out of control lights are getting on new cars. I won't even use them in my living room or bedroom or anywhere I'm going to spend a lot of time trying to relax either, they're just uncomfortable to spend a lot of time around. I only have them in the basement or garage or places that need a lot of illumination for cheap, they save energy so I'll use them where I can but I have to draw the line in some places). Maybe YOU need your eyes checked if you actually need lights that bright to see where you're going at night. I don't remember back in the 90s anyone complaining that the high beams on their firebird were too dim and they couldn't see the road. Lights were that "dim" if not even dimmer for decades upon decades and I don't ever remember that contributing to a lot of accidents. If that were the case they would've done something about it long before now...

Rumbledawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crewcab
Engine Size
It's not an opinion it's law. Have a nice night.
aint no law in bc like that, and just so you know mr smarty pants, the bulbs that came with his headlights are H13-9008, DOT all the way.
maybe ask or do your homework before throwing out bs "dangerous" crap.
have yourself a marvelous day...

Yeah, blinding people while they're trying to drive is a pretty dangerous thing, that's why they have "failure to dim" laws for when you don't shut your high beams off for oncoming traffic. The LED lights on brand new Ford trucks are DOT approved too, and I have never met a soul that doesn't say those trucks' lights are too damn bright and don't belong on the road, besides the people who own them of course.
come stand in front of my kids car.
they are not "blinding" like you say. unlike most people, we know how to properly aim headlights
you've never even seen his car so all your throwing out is ASSUMPTIONS, and $h!tty ones at that.
Nice attitude. Nobody's here saying they don't like the appearance of them, it's not a matter of personal taste. Not an opinion either, having lights that are too bright is dangerous, that is fact. You say "your problem, not mine", well it will be your problem one day when some jerk blinds you with HIS bright lights and you crash. Then of course I'm sure you'll complain that he was being irresponsible and try to sue him for causing an accident. It's all fine and dandy when you're the one blinding everyone and you don't have to deal with it, but it's not so fun when the shoe is on the other foot...

And no glasses needed I actually have better than 20/20 vision, but yeah LED lights strain the heck out of my eyes, they are an ungodly unnatural glow that consumes my whole field of vision (and many many many people share that opinion, that's why they're trying to pass regulations to limit how out of control lights are getting on new cars. I won't even use them in my living room or bedroom or anywhere I'm going to spend a lot of time trying to relax either, they're just uncomfortable to spend a lot of time around. I only have them in the basement or garage or places that need a lot of illumination for cheap, they save energy so I'll use them where I can but I have to draw the line in some places). Maybe YOU need your eyes checked if you actually need lights that bright to see where you're going at night. I don't remember back in the 90s anyone complaining that the high beams on their firebird were too dim and they couldn't see the road. Lights were that "dim" if not even dimmer for decades upon decades and I don't ever remember that contributing to a lot of accidents. If that were the case they would've done something about it long before now...
you seem to be the one with the crappy attitude, "I KNOW ALL EVEN WHEN I"VE NEVER SEEN IT." seems to me you want to be everyones problem.
and by the way, we have no fault insurance, so you really have no idea about where i live or how bright my kids headlights are.
and upgrading his lights is a safety feature, you have obviously never driven a firebird, 4x6 sealed beams blow. at least now he can see the road. a pair of 2 d cell flashlights taped to the hood would throw more light than his stockers.
just so you don't get in a conniption, i refer you back to post #8.
look at pics #2, #3, and #4.
anything is twice as bright as what he had, so get off your high horse with this "blinding" crap
you've got issues

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbass91120