Pissing match

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
I recently bought some Hella housings for my Jeep and my '81. Both are for 9003/H4 bulbs. @Ricko1966 Got me thinking about them being illegal. It states right on the 5x7's I got for the Jeep that they are now DOT Approved. As soon my sealed beams burnout, those new units will be going in and they are legal. Phew!

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Good evening just a little explanation as to my stand/participation IDK. I know lots of people on this forum are running illegal this or illegal that and mostly IDC.Heck all this wasn't even about legalities. It's about treating people with respect,when people treat me, or my friends with disrespect,I change. Everyone on here has the ability to do their own research and make their own decisions,and the laws and legalities change daily,faster, than the info. on the internet. But if you post your cam specs,as 929 and put a link to a thumper,don't call me names and say I don't know what I'm doing,when I point it out. That is disrespectful. All of you,do what you want , to and with your trucks,if someone doesn't agree,this America,we are all free to have our opinions, if you want respect,treat people with respect. Thank you everyone have a great night.

Last edited:

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Y'all do realize this is the internet right? This little corner of the World Wide Web is supposed to be dedicated to a discussion of an iconic, in fact a legendary generation of trucks. Everyone on this forum has a connection, has something in common with everyone else and usually we find that we have other things in common besides just SquareBody Trucks. We would probably all be friendly to one another if we met In Real Life.

No one, NO ONE is going to win this argument. And if one of you actually "win" what prize can you claim? The Truth is that we ALL lost here. @Ricko1966 @Rumbledawg @RecklessWOT all of you are valuable, useful, well liked members of this forum. Do y'all really want this thread and the Meanness that went on here to be your legacies? Can none of you extend an olive branch and try to end this like gentlemen?

The entire forum is better when we all contribute our knowledge. We don't always have to agree but when we disagree it doesn't have to come to this level.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
And we were doing SO good.............lol

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
We need a Calvin pissing on a match!

DrvnDrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
We all have better things to do than this thread....

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
@Redfish Lol don't drag me back into this, man. You're right, this is an internet forum, a thread about headlights for that matter. There was a lot I could've said if I wanted to argue, but I didn't want that. I wasn't attempting to "win" anything, I made a comment (a popular opinion at that), someone took offense to it and started name calling, and I dropped it. Maybe the confusion is because the thread was renamed "pissing match"? I wanted no part in the pissing sir, I walked away a while ago.

I see no reason to come back to this thread, hah there's only so much a man can say about headlights. Let's all stop digging it back up...

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Let me lighten things up a little at my own expense. Just yesterday I was driving to work at 5 am on the "backroad" along the river. Only passed a couple cars during the 25 mile route. However, the last one didn't want to dim his lights so after my patience wore out I hit my high beams about 200 feet before we passed each other. Normally when this happens they will dim their lights but not this time. Instead he hit his high beams! Ok fine, I quickly hit my 24 inch LED lightbar. Ha! FU buddy, I one upped you....so I thought...until he hit his red/blue lightbar on his roof :(
The citation says I can call the courthouse to see what the fine is or go to court and fight it. Since he says he's got it on video, I guess I'll be paying the fine.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
Let me lighten things up a little at my own expense. Just yesterday I was driving to work at 5 am on the "backroad" along the river. Only passed a couple cars during the 25 mile route. However, the last one didn't want to dim his lights so after my patience wore out I hit my high beams about 200 feet before we passed each other. Normally when this happens they will dim their lights but not this time. Instead he hit his high beams! Ok fine, I quickly hit my 24 inch LED lightbar. Ha! FU buddy, I one upped you....so I thought...until he hit his red/blue lightbar on his roof :(
The citation says I can call the courthouse to see what the fine is or go to court and fight it. Since he says he's got it on video, I guess I'll be paying the fine.
Awesome story!!! The cherries and berries must've been one hell of a surprise.

I like blasting inconsiderate oncoming traffic too. I remember a pickup high beamed me back last fall, and he didn't have any overpowered LED lights. His lights were just blinding. As he passed I saw his trailer must've been overloaded. He was squatting so bad his brights were pointed at the moon when he turned them on.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Awesome story!!! The cherries and berries must've been one hell of a surprise.

I like blasting inconsiderate oncoming traffic too. I remember a pickup high beamed me back last fall, and he didn't have any overpowered LED lights. His lights were just blinding. As he passed I saw his trailer must've been overloaded. He was squatting so bad his brights were pointed at the moon when he turned them on.
Ya. This was a trooper in a SUV. Must have been the K9 and gear in the back that made the vehicle squat. I swear his lights were on high.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
oops. I don't have a headlight story, but I'll relate a seat belt story. I'm a seat belt user. About 20 or so years ago I was test driving a customers car. This was right after Washington changed the seat belt law from a secondary offense to a primary. Fine was $102, if caught and the police were really watching for it. So I was going around the block in this womans car and realized I a had grease on my shirt. Not wanting to get it on her seat belt I took the belt off, just then a cop pulled in behind me and flipped on his lights. I tried to explain it to him, he said there are no exceptions and wrote me a ticket. Since the shop was just a few blocks from the court house I choose to fight it. I sat there for 2 hours before I was heard and the judge lowered the ticket from $102 to $101 and yelled at me for wasting the courts time.

So at that point taking into account for lost wages my $102 ticket was more like $160+ ticket.

My point is sometimes it's cheaper just to pay the fine and move on.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus