74 k10 clutch job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LUK clutches are good for stock applications. Diaphragm style is very smooth if available. Never had an issue that I could say was caused by that brand clutch.
These old squares came factory with the 3 finger type pressure plate. When my disc was worn I replaced with a new disc and a rebuild PP. Three months later I was doing the clutch again because a finger broke. Second time I bought a new PP from the dealer.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
These old squares came factory with the 3 finger type pressure plate. When my disc was worn I replaced with a new disc and a rebuild PP. Three months later I was doing the clutch again because a finger broke. Second time I bought a new PP from the dealer.
Kind of remember that, most of the clutches I replaced were newer. The overall design hasn't changed other than hydraulic rather than linkage. Why wouldn't a diaphragm work?

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Kind of remember that, most of the clutches I replaced were newer. The overall design hasn't changed other than hydraulic rather than linkage. Why wouldn't a diaphragm work?
Diaphragm type will work. As stated less pedal pressure. The SM465 was also in some medium duty trucks too. Lower rear gears in the MD drive line pushed back harder. The 3 finger type would have more applied pressure.

Here is a interesting thread:

3 finger verses diaphragm

subseawellhead

Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350ci
I just removed T case, then SM465, then bell housing, then pressure plate/clutch. Removed bad flywheel.
I think i'm going w/ McLeod
You must be registered for see images attach

Check out my jack, must be 1950's vintage, weighs a ton. It's a machine

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I just removed T case, then SM465, then bell housing, then pressure plate/clutch. Removed bad flywheel.
I think i'm going w/ McLeod
You must be registered for see images attach

Check out my jack, must be 1950's vintage, weighs a ton. It's a machine

I noticed the jack before I paid attention to anything else in the photo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad