5/6 static dropped dually, complete.... sorta

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I didnt get your avatar........until now.

You watch trailer park boys? That's Bubbles. Hands down the funniest character I've seen in a while. You should check it out.:cheers:

johnnydefacto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually 3+3
Engine Size
Thanks guys. I am pumped on how it turned out. I really thought I was going to be pulling the rear leafs out at least once to add/subtract a leaf to get the rear height exact, but I gotta say that I got it right the first time, not because of any skill, just flat out luck.

I do not have a build thread on here because there are already plenty of those out there. I didn't do anything different from most of the guys that have the same drop.

Yes, the running boards are for sale. And not that it matters, but the truck can be put right back up to stock. I kept everything and didn't cut anything (except the rear bump stops). So in a matter of half a day, I can turn this POS back into a nice truck :D

And no, they are not 22.5" tires. The wheels were turned down to 22, they are the TowNasty's from Trevor over at Tennessee Wheel and Tire.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
I dig the end result. Are you running larger brake rotors up front? How much heavier is that wheel setup?

johnnydefacto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually 3+3
Engine Size
I dig the end result. Are you running larger brake rotors up front? How much heavier is that wheel setup?

Thank you. I am very happy with it.

I kept the stock rotors for now. I seem to have really good brakes and my boat trailer is a double axle with surge brakes on both axles, so when towing it brakes great as well.

I do not know how much heavier the set up is. I would only be guessing. The original 16 steel vs this 22.5 aluminum felt close to the same weight. But there is the 8 to 10 lug adapter plate that is very stout and weighs a lot, so there in lies the weight difference. I am sure it is pretty significant.

northeimcustom

Reaction score
First Name
northeimcustom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
looks really nice. any reason you didnt do a flip kit in the back?

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
^^^^ I was just about to ask the same question....

74propu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
austin
Truck Year
1974 1980 1986
Truck Model
c10s/b c10 s/b c10l/b
Engine Size
5.3 / ?/454 tbi
that is a very sweet truck .I dig the 22's on it and the stance I would love to do that to my :badidea: dodge dually :sorry: but I do have 2 square body trucks as well and hell they are both belly scrapers :party36: so please do a build thread and show the wheel adaptors that you used I for one would like to see and know what it takes to do this there is just a couple of threads on 1 ton dually

johnnydefacto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually 3+3
Engine Size
looks really nice. any reason you didnt do a flip kit in the back?

I did not want to have to c notch the frame or cut the bed for the pumpkin. A flip kit on my truck is about 8" i think, I just wanted 5-6. As it is now I do not hit the frame even when towing my boat.

johnnydefacto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually 3+3
Engine Size
that is a very sweet truck .I dig the 22's on it and the stance I would love to do that to my :badidea: dodge dually :sorry: but I do have 2 square body trucks as well and hell they are both belly scrapers :party36: so please do a build thread and show the wheel adaptors that you used I for one would like to see and know what it takes to do this there is just a couple of threads on 1 ton dually

I will dig through my pictures and put something together once everything is completely done.

northeimcustom

Reaction score
First Name
northeimcustom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
****OP**** (sorry my work blocks me from posting as a quote)

how big is your boat? how close is it to the frame when your loaded or unloaded?

The_Habib

Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Red Cab Dually
Engine Size
This looks absolutely killer. Job well done!!

johnnydefacto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually 3+3
Engine Size
****OP**** (sorry my work blocks me from posting as a quote)

how big is your boat? how close is it to the frame when your loaded or unloaded?

22 foot wakeboat, never weighed it on a scale but according to the factory specs she is about 5000 lbs on the trailer (dry weight). After you account for the tower, batteries, fluids, stereo, gear, and my extra lead weight i run in it, I'm guessing around 6500 lbs. Tongue weight should be around 400 lbs.

with no trailer I have about 3-3.5" from top of axle to the frame, when I add the trailer it drops about 1"-1.5".

johnnydefacto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually 3+3
Engine Size

Attachments

• IMG_1327.jpg
    IMG_1327.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 327

jmcd

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Looks sweet. Thats the stance i want for mine. You happen to know any shops around sacrameto area that will turn the wheels down?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg