4x4 Nv4500 (Found)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Preston Tucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hey I am from Maine and am at the stage where I need a Nv4500 transmission for my project truck, its gotta be 4wd, preferably 96 and up but I am flexible.

Shipping is brutal to move this several hundred pound boat anchor so I rather drive to get it ha ha. LEt me know if you got one and where your at. I think i would go as far as Mass.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Good luck with that. Your better off buying a new, rebuilt from someone like AA. Anything you find is going to need going thru. Why not spend a little more up front and get a good one with a warranty?

Preston Tucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Good luck with that. Your better off buying a new, rebuilt from someone like AA. Anything you find is going to need going thru. Why not spend a little more up front and get a good one with a warranty?
I rather buy a used one a rebuild it myself, it wouldnt be my first manual tranny rebuild and i save near a thousand dollars, i am only 19 and am a full time college student so i dont have excessive funds to throw away on my project truck, its being kept on a budget.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I rather buy a used one a rebuild it myself, it wouldnt be my first manual tranny rebuild and i save near a thousand dollars, i am only 19 and am a full time college student so i dont have excessive funds to throw away on my project truck, its being kept on a budget.

THIS is how all young men should be!
Sorry don’t have a NV4500 though...

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl

I think what he means is you are going to be very hard pressed to find one at all.... they weren't very common in the first place and now they are in high demand for swaps. I dont blame you, I am in the same boat of saving money and wanting to do the work myself... but they are basically unobtanium in the low cost used state you are looking for. If you can find a used truck for sale with a blown engine and an NV4500, that would probably be your best bet.

Preston Tucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks Man:) Its ok, I will just keep looking! They can be hard to find up here. All the ones i found where 2wd and the one 4x4 i found had a cracked top cover.

Preston Tucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I think what he means is you are going to be very hard pressed to find one at all.... they weren't very common in the first place and now they are in high demand for swaps. I dont blame you, I am in the same boat of saving money and wanting to do the work myself... but they are basically unobtanium in the low cost used state you are looking for. If you can find a used truck for sale with a blown engine and an NV4500, that would probably be your best bet.
Yeah that was my initial plan, i still have a few months before i desperately need one, if I dont find a used one before then then a reman it is..

Preston Tucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Can you find the top covers? I found one for 300 with a cracked cover becuase of an accident.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Well, apparently someone was listening in to me on the inter webs... opened up Facebook marketplace and bam!
You must be registered for see images attach

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Just have to drive to Oregon to get it...lol

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks Man:) Its ok, I will just keep looking! They can be hard to find up here. All the ones i found where 2wd and the one 4x4 i found had a cracked top cover.

Top covers are easily available and fairly inexpensive. The shift tower will be worn out anyway and you'll need a new top over.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Does anyone know if a 1992 1500 W/T with a V6 had a NV4500 or a NV3500 in it? All of the literature I have found says it has a 5 speed OD tranny, but not which one. There is one coming up at a storage unit auction, but I don't think I will be able to enter the unit to see which tranny it has. Hopefully I can pick it up for the value of the trany or less, since it doesn't come with a title.

Preston Tucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Does anyone know if a 1992 1500 W/T with a V6 had a NV4500 or a NV3500 in it? All of the literature I have found says it has a 5 speed OD tranny, but not which one. There is one coming up at a storage unit auction, but I don't think I will be able to enter the unit to see which tranny it has. Hopefully I can pick it up for the value of the trany or less, since it doesn't come with a title.
As far as I know all half tons had the nv3500 and only 3/4 and 1 tons have the 4500.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1