4 grove crank pully for SBC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
You must be registered for see images attach

I'd need one more V-belt than Jacob has in order to maintain 2 V belts running the A/C & P/S so I'd need this crank pully.

I'm on my work computer and can't get the image to come over but it's just like Jacob's, but with 2 v groves.

On a quick websearch I don't find the serp / v belt pully for the water pump.

As a side note the 4 grove crank pully is completely unavailable in the aftermarket as I have looked previously.

Another note, I currently have a functional air pump and would prefer to keep it.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
@SirRobyn0 if you want to copy what he has going on, it may be easier to just make the ps pump a 5 rib as well because the water pump ones all seem to want to be 6 rib, but your black one here is 5. I dont know wherre all your acccessories sit, but that would free up water pump for air pump duty?

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@SirRobyn0 if you want to copy what he has going on, it may be easier to just make the ps pump a 5 rib as well because the water pump ones all seem to want to be 6 rib, but your black one here is 5. I dont know wherre all your acccessories sit, but that would free up water pump for air pump duty?
That may very well work like you said. Because of gas prices I haven't been driving the truck to work this week like I normally do, so I don't have it here to look at. I won't have time this coming weekend, but the following weekend I'm going to be taking a close look at my Dodge Dakota to see what it will take get it road worthy. For the last serval years it has not been used much at all. The Jeep is fine to drive back and forth to work in, but I really should be doing that drive in a pickup as sometimes something comes up. The 92 Dakota has the 3.9 V-6, I'd hardly call it economy vehicle but the square will only do a little more than 10 MPG on my commute and the Dakota will do? Well if I'm honest I don't recall it's been so long since it's been my driver, but hopefully it'll do around 14 for me. That would be enough for me to feel a cost savings difference. I recall last year when using the Dakota to haul water in that it was having some power issues I think, but again that's been since last summer so my recollection is vague. I think I had to put a fuel pump and a PCM in it last year so there are some new parts going on. Well we'll see if it looks like I'll be able to turn it back into a daily driver for a cost that would be low enough for me to see an overall cost savings on the gas end. I'll still use the square for farm stuff so it's staying around and I'll continue to progress on the projects I just can't run it every day with these gas prices.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

this is sbc wp and crank pulleys, i went shopping in my shed. if you want me to space em out or look for a size or something just let me know.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@AuroraGirl Hang on to those pulleys for a moment, I'm going to be to busy for about the next week to really make any good decisions about how I will be moving forward on this.

iamtherealJayy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1987, 1978, 1976
Truck Model
V20, K10, K10
Engine Size
350, 350, 350
I never got around to checking my storage trailer for parts I can go back to your measurements post and see if anything matches your criteria. You get over 10? Lol I got almost 9(8.7ish) before I fixed my high idle issue and I haven’t drove the truck enough since you calculate again, but then again I like the sound it makes when hammer down

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I never got around to checking my storage trailer for parts I can go back to your measurements post and see if anything matches your criteria. You get over 10? Lol I got almost 9(8.7ish) before I fixed my high idle issue and I haven’t drove the truck enough since you calculate again, but then again I like the sound it makes when hammer down
No worries, like I said I'm not making a move on this anytime soon.

If your question is about a gas mileage well then yes. My truck is a 305 / 700R4 3.41 gears, so about as economically setup as a C20 came back in 84.

I have touched 16 on the highway, but it's gotta be driven 55 - 60mph under ideal conditions. At that speed in over drive the engine is barely over idle and it doesn't really wanna stay there. Because of the high gearing it wants to run 75+ on the highway, but as soon as you get up there the mileage is dropping 14ish 75, maybe even a little lower. On my back and forth to work commute it's right around 10.5 or so.

I just did the math. Not counting mileage driven for the farm or anything else, my back and fourth to work gas expense in the square before the gas prices started going up was about $120 a week / $6240 a year, if we get to $6 as predicted it'll be more like $180 a week / $9260 a year. Again that is just going to work and back home and does not count fuel used on farm runs. I need to dailying something else soon, my other choices are 96 Grand Cherokee or 92 Dakota, the Dakota has the V-6 but it's been a long time since I dailyed it so I don't really recall the mileage. There is more, to my long term plan but I'd wanna discuss that in PM if your interested, feel free to shoot me a message.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
No rush. I have no immediate time frame on the project and did not think about short vs long water pump which might considerably complicate the project. I'd like to add a belt for the alt, not completely rearrange the pully setups. Again no rush, whenever your at home and think of it.

Finally got home, and had a chance to look threw my parts pile. Found a few things, but not the exact thing you want.
Found the standard selection of factory 3 groove pulleys in varying sizes and shapes, and I also found a flat 2 groove pulley, that goes under a belled 2 groove, making a 4. Came off my 283.
Dont know if it's what you want, but if you put it behind a standard one, you can add on 2 extra grooves to almost anything.

An example of it next to other 2 grooves, mind you on the out side rather than the inside.

Also found this aluminum add on pulley that's on the front of my other 283, that looks just like yours, but only has 1 groove.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Also have these 3 groovers if your intersted, but probabaly not.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Finally got home, and had a chance to look threw my parts pile. Found a few things, but not the exact thing you want.
Found the standard selection of factory 3 groove pulleys in varying sizes and shapes, and I also found a flat 2 groove pulley, that goes under a belled 2 groove, making a 4. Came off my 283.
Dont know if it's what you want, but if you put it behind a standard one, you can add on 2 extra grooves to almost anything.
I'm good on the three grovers. Like I said to Taylor I've suddenly became way to busy for about the next week. After I get though that I'll make a decision which way I want to go on this project. I will also add due to the rising gas prices I have to drive the square less now. I can no long commute in it. I'm not yet sure how that will affect the projects I want to do on it.

So give me about a week, I'll take some measurements and look at my current setup and see what might be needed then I'll get back to ya'll on what direction I'll be going with this project. Thanks.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I'm good on the three grovers. Like I said to Taylor I've suddenly became way to busy for about the next week. After I get though that I'll make a decision which way I want to go on this project. I will also add due to the rising gas prices I have to drive the square less now. I can no long commute in it. I'm not yet sure how that will affect the projects I want to do on it.

So give me about a week, I'll take some measurements and look at my current setup and see what might be needed then I'll get back to ya'll on what direction I'll be going with this project. Thanks.
Not a problem sir, they'll be still be whenever you get back to it.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

An example of it next to other 2 grooves, mind you on the out side rather than the inside.

Also found this aluminum add on pulley that's on the front of my other 283, that looks just like yours, but only has 1 groove.
those swp pulleys probably have a different groove than lwp but I have some of the same things. you can use a belled pulley if you have thje right spacer in between

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schultz76