35" on 4" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86chev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I just picked up this 1977 GMC K20 camper special and I have a few questions. Currently its lifted 7", 3" body lift and 4" suspension (rear block) with 35x12.5x16.5 BFG all terrains. The first thing i plan on doing is take the 3" body lift out and doing a shackle flip in the rear to get rid of the blocks and possibly do stock 56" springs to replace the 52". My question is will the 4" be enough lift to clear the 35s with any rubbing. the truck will be mostly used as a sunday driver but will pull an occasional trailer and see some offroad time. thanks everyone

You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
SHOULD be fine, depends on wheel backspace, our 86 with a 4 inch only cleared 33's by a mile.

I would drop a line or something off the fender corners down 3 inches and see how much clearance you have then.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
You will probably have to trim the rear part of the front fenders a little but otherwise be OK. Good lookin project! :waytogo:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
My '78 Ramcharger had 35's with a 4" lift and it was fine, if that helps. :roflbow: :shitsweak:

86chev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You will probably have to trim the rear part of the front fenders a little but otherwise be OK. Good lookin project! :waytogo:

Thank you, all original south dakota truck, hard to find something thats not all rotted to hell here in wisconsin. For what i paid i couldn't go wrong, hopefully i can scrub up enough money for the dana 60 and have it ready to play by next summer.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Hahaha. :lol: :popcorn:

Sent from my iPod Touch 4th Gen using Tapatalk

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I clear 35's with my 4" lift.

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just a heads up on the shackle flip, I have the shackle flip from ORD and I love it. Gives you the lift while still keeping the ride however because of the geometry of the shackle flip, your rear axle will move forward about 1.5". In order to correct this you need a zero rate add-a-leaf. Basically it is a 1" block that relocates your axle backwards 1" or 1.5" depending on what you need. Not sure why they call it an add-a-leaf because its not a leaf spring but it adds zero rates to your spring packs. The point I am trying to make is that you will have 5" of lift in the rear instead of 4" with the shackle flip and zero rates.

The nice thing is (you probably already know) with the ORD shackle flip kit you can bolt you 56" springs directly in by simply putting the hangers on the opposite sides. Once again your axle will move so you will still probably need a zero rate..

Anyway sweet truck and 35s will clear 4"

Christian Nelson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
I've seen 38.5's squeezed under a 3" body lift, and no fender trimming without too much rubbing.. With ZERO suspension lift.

I've seen a bunch of y'all worry about lifting the back a bit more than the front. Why? Back in my day, people purposely lifted the rear higher, for a bit of a rake, and so you could see over the hood, as you get higher, you have a harder time seeing over that hood in front of you, nothing wrong with a lil bit o rake..

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've seen 38.5's squeezed under a 3" body lift, and no fender trimming without too much rubbing.. With ZERO suspension lift.

I've seen a bunch of y'all worry about lifting the back a bit more than the front. Why? Back in my day, people purposely lifted the rear higher, for a bit of a rake, and so you could see over the hood, as you get higher, you have a harder time seeing over that hood in front of you, nothing wrong with a lil bit o rake..

I've got mine raked 1" higher in the front, looks better and handles better imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajiuo666