292 six banger camshaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
350 efi, 700r4
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could tell me what I would have to do to install a hydraulic roller cam in a 292 if I got one ground for me. Thanks in advance!

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
you would need to find a way to keep the roller lifters aligned, maybe shorter pushrods, and a steel gear on the distributor.

Jake292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
350 efi, 700r4
Does anybody know if lifters for a sbc would fit the lifter bore and would the bog bone be the correct length? Also what could I use for a spider?

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Does anybody know if lifters for a sbc would fit the lifter bore and would the bog bone be the correct length? Also what could I use for a spider?

You may need to get creative, and engineer this yourself.
Can you post a pic of a 292 with the cover off? Maybe we can throw some ideas around.
If the distance is the same between the lifters as in the small block, you may be able to use these
You must be registered for see images attach
and not need a retainer.

Last edited:

Jake292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
350 efi, 700r4
I found out that the lifter bores are the same but still not sure about the dogbone length but i can machine one once i find the distance when i build it. i still havent figured out what i will use as a spider. here is a link to some pics of a 292 with the puchrod covers off...still havent figured out how to post pics on here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holdennaz09