260h comp cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
I was thinking about getting a 240h comp cam, but I don't know if the idle will sound really good, I was wondering if I got a 260h comp cam. Would I need to replace any parts in my engine? I have a 78 350. I know it's recommend to put new valve springs and lifters and everything, but I wanted to know if it would work with the factory parts. Thanks.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
that's the cam im running all thats needed is lifters. the factory valve springs will do just fine. lot of folks choose a smaller cam tho

https://youtu.be/vehbMQSlcSw

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Brandon777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Which can is that the 240 or 260

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
260h it'll roast tires, tow and haul anything all while still providing great gas mileage.

Brandon777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
260h it'll roast tires, tow and haul anything all while still providing great gas mileage.

So the only thing needed is lifters?

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
yes unless your current springs are old and worn out floating valves... i would get the comp lifters to match the rock hardness of the cam. what your current engine setup?

Joe383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I would still get new springs. Some good old Z28 springs are only around $30. If your on a budget I would get a summit cam instead of the comp cam and get springs with it. I would recommend something like the summit 1102 cam if your looking for a mild cam that will have a slight idle. You might not notice the idle of the cam if your exhaust is still stock. Will sound better when you rev it though. This cam will respond to bolt on mods better later down the road too than the 240 cam would and will have a broader power band with more top end with out sacrificing much in the bottom. I do think the comp 260H has the potential to make more power and better idle but if it is between getting a cam with or with out springs I would get a cheaper cam and get springs too.

Brandon777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
yes unless your current springs are old and worn out floating valves... i would get the comp lifters to match the rock hardness of the cam. what your current engine setup?

I have a completely stock 350 right now, but I will be getting a performer intake with a 600cfm edelbrock, with longtube headers in a couple weeks

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
If you still have the factory q jet on just rebuild it or have it rebuilt. trust me on this one. do not waste money on the eddy. that one in my vid was sold for $60 because it sucked no matter what i did to it, even with a a/f meter i wasn't impressed. If your gonna buy a carb get one of those new Holley street demon carbs built like a q jet. either the q jet or Holley will out perform the eddy on their worst day.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I have to agree. The only reason the Eddy is still under my hood is because at least I know for sure its not leaking the fuel bowl out while it sits. But that's the only reason!

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
x2

Brandon777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Edelbrocks suck that much?

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Like a marathon runner with bronchitis. You know there's more in em but can't get it out.

Brandon777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Well is it worth it if I'm getting it for 175 and it's brand new? I know the guy, and I've seen it also. Would the Holley suck more gas though? Cause I'm not going to be racing or anything, it's my everyday driver but I also enjoy playing around with it

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Can't be that good if he's selling it? not really worth it man. been there done that. It's up to you man I'm just giving you some experienced advice. along with mado
would you rather have money spent waisted or money well spent? q jet or Holley bud

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/carburetors/demon/street_demon/parts/1900 this is the Holley I'm talking about. no you will gain mileage over the eddy which btw sucks some gas. ..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kipps5000