1990 454 SS Pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I've still been driving this truck recently and there's been a lot of rainy days. The traction aid in the diff still works! Does anyone know what these trucks came stock with? It feels more aggressive than the common gov-loc.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

As far I know they were Gov-lock.

Last edited:

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Here are a couple near me. I wonder what they’ll actually get...
You must be registered for see images attach

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I HATE kbb!!!!! Those low ball lyin ass pieces of ****! But anyway yea theyre not worth that nowadays...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

As far I know they were Gov-lock.

That's what I assumed, but the rear locks up right quick. Most Gov-locs I've had didn't even work anymore, lol.

I think it's funny they bitched about the seats. They are some of the most comfy seats I've sat in.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

When I was at the Columbus Goodguy's show this last year, there was a very nice low-mile example and the asking price was 12,500. I thought that was a fair asking price.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
A lot of accrued storage fees and dry rotted tires until they come back to earth with the ask.
Anybody know the production numbers of these color wise? Don't remember the last one I saw that wasn't black.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
A lot of accrued storage fees and dry rotted tires until they come back to earth with the ask.
Anybody know the production numbers of these color wise? Don't remember the last one I saw that wasn't black.

From '90-'93, there were something like 17,000 built. I think the majority of those were built as '90 models. In '92 and '93, you could also get them in red or white. Those suckers are rare as hen's teeth.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I forgot to include a picture in the rain.

It is good lookin! Why doesnt it have the decals on the box?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It is good lookin! Why doesnt it have the decals on the box?

There's no badging anywhere on it besides the bowtie on the grille. It's been 'shaved' and painted with textured paint of some kind. People do silly things.

When the weather gets nice, I'll see if I can get some factory type decals to stick down on that paint. Eventually it will get real paint again.

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
That's what I assumed, but the rear locks up right quick. Most Gov-locs I've had didn't even work anymore, lol.

I think it's funny they bitched about the seats. They are some of the most comfy seats I've sat in.

I had a '90 1/2 ton back in college. I LOVED the seats in it. 90-94 were some of the best seats ever in my opinion, but I also kind of liked the interiors in general in those years pickups.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
From '90-'93, there were something like 17,000 built. I think the majority of those were built as '90 models. In '92 and '93, you could also get them in red or white. Those suckers are rare as hen's teeth.
Used to see these in all different colors quite often, was always partial to the red. Even remember seeing these near new in non oem colors, lots of complaints about not having more color options when they came out.
Now if I see one it's always black and either sunburnt and crusty or covered in super gaudy chrome.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I had a '90 1/2 ton back in college. I LOVED the seats in it. 90-94 were some of the best seats ever in my opinion, but I also kind of liked the interiors in general in those years pickups.

I believe the SS trucks were the only ones to get the high backs with the added bolsters. But the buckets in the standard trucks were comfy too. And the bench seats for that matter.

Used to see these in all different colors quite often, was always partial to the red. Even remember seeing these near new in non oem colors, lots of complaints about not having more color options when they came out.
Now if I see one it's always black and either sunburnt and crusty or covered in super gaudy chrome.

The Sport model was available in black, red, or white in all years. Those trucks looked very similar. But I do remember seeing new or nearly new SS's with custom paint, phantom grilles, billet wheels, etc.

And there's also been quite a few I've seen being used as work trucks. With ladder racks and mud/snow tires to boot.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
These were legit ss trucks. Guy local back in the day made one blue. I grew up in Spitzer country and the HoF regularly used them as loaners. Maybe he got a deal on one that was beat to hell.

Can't say I've seen an ss with mudders and a ladder rack though. But last week I did see an extended cab of the same body style set up like that. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes