1988 350 TBI Exhaust Manifold Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vetal4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30 Crew Cab
Engine Size
I have a big honking crack under the heat shield on my passenger side manifold.....it had two welds in it when I bought the truck and I've since bubble-gum'd another that formed a couple months ago with JB extreme temp. I think she's toast. Don't really want to put the effort of cast iron welding it or brazing it if its just gonna crack again. So I have some questions:

-Has anybody bought one of the Droman replacements? Chinesium eBay replacements? I can find used driver side manifolds on eBay...but no passenger side...very telling.
-Does anyone have a good used one they would be willing to sell?
-Is there anything better out there (e.i. older, non TBI) that is a direct bolt in replacement? At this point I'd be willing to remove the A.I.R. system.
-Other thoughts?

Thanks!

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hooker 8525. Love em.

Attachments

• img_7793.jpg
    img_7793.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 33

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Bought an aftermarket L side was horrible, bad threads for AIR, poor casting. Ended up sending it back. You will be better off with a used OEM replacement or those manifolds above if they make a correct set. Removing the air pump may cause other issues, don't recommend that, especially if it's O2 equipped.

Vetal4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30 Crew Cab
Engine Size
Hooker 8525. Love em.
Those look nice, I'll check it out.
Bought an aftermarket L side was horrible, bad threads for AIR, poor casting. Ended up sending it back. You will be better off with a used OEM replacement or those manifolds above if they make a correct set. Removing the air pump may cause other issues, don't recommend that, especially if it's O2 equipped.
I had a feeling someone would say that....they're just a little too cheap. I've been reading up on the A.I.R. system, supposedly its mainly active during warmup when the system is open loop...I don't really have a problem with the concept, but that thing irritates me to no end. I'll study up on it a little more and figure out if it will have negative effects to remove it.

@AyWoSch Motors Ayden can you help this fellow out with a manifold?
I should have though of that, he's in the same state as me after all....

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
AIR pump injects into exhaust during warm up to preheat O2 sensor and cat. Would assume with O2 in open loop longer fuel millage might be less and cat may have issues later on by not lighting off quick enough. May also turn on SES light.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
@AyWoSch Motors Ayden can you help this fellow out with a manifold?
I have a big honking crack under the heat shield on my passenger side manifold.....it had two welds in it when I bought the truck and I've since bubble-gum'd another that formed a couple months ago with JB extreme temp. I think she's toast. Don't really want to put the effort of cast iron welding it or brazing it if its just gonna crack again. So I have some questions:

-Has anybody bought one of the Droman replacements? Chinesium eBay replacements? I can find used driver side manifolds on eBay...but no passenger side...very telling.
-Does anyone have a good used one they would be willing to sell?
-Is there anything better out there (e.i. older, non TBI) that is a direct bolt in replacement? At this point I'd be willing to remove the A.I.R. system.
-Other thoughts?

Thanks!

Yes, yes i do. I have about 10 whole sets of manifolds. Let me know the exact shape/style you want and ill get you one.
I can get a matched set too if you want.

you can have it, just cover shipping, i have so many, id love to get rid of them.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I have a few, haha.
You must be registered for see images attach

Take your pick.

Vetal4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30 Crew Cab
Engine Size
I have a few, haha.

Take your pick.

Wow. That's fantastic! Thank you and thanks @idahovette for thinking about contacting you. 3rd from the bottom (with the big N cast into it) is the closest one to what I have...3rd from top (also with big N) looks like the other side...I'll send you a PM to arrange....

Last edited:

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
@Vetal4

Heres the broken stud i was talking about...

Vetal4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30 Crew Cab
Engine Size
@Vetal4

Heres the broken stud i was talking about...
Hey sorry I didn’t see that last post for some reason…but yeah, shouldn’t be a problem for me to extract…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag