1978 C10 front marker lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
What year is the truck you put these LEDs in? Mine is a 1978 and their website will not let me go that low in years.

I've got an 82 but, it don't matter you were right about it not blinking with headlights on. Idk why but it doesn't. Here's mine.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
HA!!! So it is an issue with others also. That makes me feel better (sorry). I thought it was something in my wiring. LED bulbs I ordered came in. 2 of them, the base was too large, the other one the base fit, but it was too tall. The Dynacorn will be here next week. I will see what they do for me - which I hope they work for the price.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I've just used the generic sylvanias that Walmart and ag stores carry. Mine worked perfect in my 84, then I switched to full led housings for the markers and tails and still fine.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
I've just used the generic sylvanias that Walmart and ag stores carry. Mine worked perfect in my 84, then I switched to full led housings for the markers and tails and still fine.

are they the wedge base and can you please provide any type/model info. Thanks

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
They won't work right with LED bulbs, since they don't have a proper ground. I'm replacing mine with LED marker lights instead of just bulb replacements.

Have yo done the replacement? did it work? I am anxiously waiting for mine to come in

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
are they the wedge base and can you please provide any type/model info. Thanks
I think I've got one still in the box in the garage, I'll look for you.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Thank you
These are the ones. They have a more centralized light output, unlike the ones with multiple diodes, but still looked and worked well.

You must be registered for see images attach

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
These are the ones. They have a more centralized light output, unlike the ones with multiple diodes, but still looked and worked well.

Okay thanks. and these have worked correctly regardless if headlights are off or on?

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Okay thanks. and these have worked correctly regardless if headlights are off or on?
Yes, they worked like factory. These are the ones I used for the dash lights, the sidemarkers, the heater control, and the 4x4 shifter cover light. All I have are the hazard and turn signal led relays.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
Yes, they worked like factory. These are the ones I used for the dash lights, the sidemarkers, the heater control, and the 4x4 shifter cover light. All I have are the hazard and turn signal led relays.

Okay, GREAT!!! Thank you.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
So I received delivery of my LED side marker lights. When I received them, there are NO instructions. I called Dynacorn and they have no instructions. I contact CARID and was told "it is plug and play". Does THIS look like plug and play??????? In my experience, "plug and play" is when you take something out of the package and plug it right in. No connection other than that needed. I have contacted their customer service (supposed technical support) twice and was told this. I was told not to cut any wires and splice together. What is the brown piece for? What is the heat shrink butt connector for? I understand the ground (or assume it is a ground - no directions). THEN, I have to send via email a picture "of the problem" and my VIN to make sure it is for my truck?!?! The tag even says it covers my truck as does their website and I am more than certain I know the make model and year of my truck and order appropriate parts. Also ask them about the wiring. It comes with red & black. My truck is black and blue. So, black to black? Never received a clear answer.

Love the lights, hope they work, but Customer service has been a little on the snotty side.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
So I received delivery of my LED side marker lights. When I received them, there are NO instructions. I called Dynacorn and they have no instructions. I contact CARID and was told "it is plug and play". Does THIS look like plug and play??????? In my experience, "plug and play" is when you take something out of the package and plug it right in. No connection other than that needed. I have contacted their customer service (supposed technical support) twice and was told this. I was told not to cut any wires and splice together. What is the brown piece for? What is the heat shrink butt connector for? I understand the ground (or assume it is a ground - no directions). THEN, I have to send via email a picture "of the problem" and my VIN to make sure it is for my truck?!?! The tag even says it covers my truck as does their website and I am more than certain I know the make model and year of my truck and order appropriate parts. Also ask them about the wiring. It comes with red & black. My truck is black and blue. So, black to black? Never received a clear answer.

Love the lights, hope they work, but Customer service has been a little on the snotty side.

I ordered my led tail and sidemarker housings from lmc, they are actually plug and play. Factory style connections, plug right into the truck and they work.

So I won't be of much help with this, as aftermarket companies like that do different wiring things.

Don't cut up your wiring to put these on. If it were me I would be returning those and order an actual plug and play set, I think brothers, lmc, and maybe one or two others sell basically the same exact item. Don't get the "conversion" leds, get the full housing conversions.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I don't have pics of the housings not mounted, but these are the full housing led conversions. That plug and played like factory bulbs.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
I ordered my led tail and sidemarker housings from lmc, they are actually plug and play. Factory style connections, plug right into the truck and they work.

So I won't be of much help with this, as aftermarket companies like that do different wiring things.

Don't cut up your wiring to put these on. If it were me I would be returning those and order an actual plug and play set, I think brothers, lmc, and maybe one or two others sell basically the same exact item. Don't get the "conversion" leds, get the full housing conversions.

Thank you. If I have to go to this much problem to get something so simple as a light and correct answers, then I need to look elsewhere. I am sending them back and have decided to order from LMC. I know some people like to talk bad about them but they always seem to have the right parts. I also like the blow out diagrams that show how things go together. Has saved me some frustration and uttering of cuss words and throwing things. :) And they are less expensive including the shipping - although sometimes not a good thing but I am thinking positively.