1978 C10 front marker lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
It almost sounds like your socket allowed power to the right pins but on the wrong orientation and that could be conductive debris or the bulb itself. If it’s working snd doesn’t die, Id think you’re safe. Make sure your housing is sealed, those LEDs domt handle then environment well and my experience is the housings often have a bad seal and then the open contacts corrode

Thanks for the video. Those are really bright. Do they still work correctly with headlights on? That!!! is where/when I loose mine. If nothing else works, I will look into the LEDs you installed.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Thanks for the video. Those are really bright. Do they still work correctly with headlights on? That!!! is where/when I loose mine. If nothing else works, I will look into the LEDs you installed.
Wrong person quoted but correct thread unlike me who responded to @78C10BigTen in this thread LOL

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
Ha, ha. I must be getting brain fried worrying about this. Time to put it away for the day.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Probly bc my SN starts with 78 just like @My78truck
Want to know my serial number (not screen name like you meant)? whenever someone asks me something on a forum and I don’t want to answer I give them name rank dob and the UPC to a standard box of Cheerios

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Want to know my serial number (not screen name like you meant)? whenever someone asks me something on a forum and I don’t want to answer I give them name rank dob and the UPC to a standard box of Cheerios
:happy175:

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Why are ya'll changing out your lights to LED? I can't stand those darn things. That's like when everyone was buying those florescent light bulbs known as "squiggly" bulbs. Those things were dangerous as hell. My daughters house, she bought was full of them. When she moved in I went to Walmart and bought regular light bulbs and went back over there and replaced them all. When GE announced they were stopping making incandescent bulbs for N. America I ran out and bought I don't know how many regular bulbs for my house. The only bulb I didn't buy enough of was regular 40 watt. I have tons of 60, 75, and real 100 watt bulbs. They are supposed to be between 1350 and 1500 lumens.

What GE did to lower the wattage was changed the volts from 120 to 130. On the package it says uses electricity like a 30 watt and it's a 60 or something. Yeah, because it's a bigger filament for 130 volts but when you plug it in a 120 volt socket it burns dimmer, of course. It's really a lie. I still have years of regular wattage bulbs left. Being a interested person I looked to see if I could buy bulbs from say Indonesia. I couldn't find any place with a name I could buy from. See GE usually sells totally different stuff in foreign countries that it doesn't sell in America. Even though LED's last longer they are still a gimmick to make money. It's just business, no one cares what kind of light bulbs anyone uses, not even so called environmentalists. There's more electricity available now than ever before. It's ego that's all. They are on some kind of power trip.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Why are ya'll changing out your lights to LED? I can't stand those darn things. That's like when everyone was buying those florescent light bulbs known as "squiggly" bulbs. Those things were dangerous as hell. My daughters house, she bought was full of them. When she moved in I went to Walmart and bought regular light bulbs and went back over there and replaced them all. When GE announced they were stopping making incandescent bulbs for N. America I ran out and bought I don't know how many regular bulbs for my house. The only bulb I didn't buy enough of was regular 40 watt. I have tons of 60, 75, and real 100 watt bulbs. They are supposed to be between 1350 and 1500 lumens.

What GE did to lower the wattage was changed the volts from 120 to 130. On the package it says uses electricity like a 30 watt and it's a 60 or something. Yeah, because it's a bigger filament for 130 volts but when you plug it in a 120 volt socket it burns dimmer, of course. It's really a lie. I still have years of regular wattage bulbs left. Being a interested person I looked to see if I could buy bulbs from say Indonesia. I couldn't find any place with a name I could buy from. See GE usually sells totally different stuff in foreign countries that it doesn't sell in America. Even though LED's last longer they are still a gimmick to make money. It's just business, no one cares what kind of light bulbs anyone uses, not even so called environmentalists. There's more electricity available now than ever before. It's ego that's all. They are on some kind of power trip.
I dont think anyone said anything about house lighting? Haha

Led automotive lights are the 100% best move. They don't melt plastics like the incandescent bulbs, way less power draw, faster reacting, brighter, longer life than incandescent, vibration resistant, they look cool too.

Led headlights are okay but some of these new cars are pretty ridiculously blinding, and the "off road" headlights that are like led pods aren't cool on the road though.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
If there comes a time I have to drive at night, I want to make sure someone will see me. The difference between driving with candle light and sunlight. I have put too much time, money, and effort into this refurb on my truck to have somebody use the lame excuse "I didn't see it". Of course, it's not going to stop all the idiots that have their faces buried in their phones!

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
If there comes a time I have to drive at night, I want to make sure someone will see me. The difference between driving with candle light and sunlight. I have put too much time, money, and effort into this refurb on my truck to have somebody use the lame excuse "I didn't see it". Of course, it's not going to stop all the idiots that have their faces buried in their phones!
You also can't blind them so much they literally can't look at the road, then as a result crash into you anyways lol

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305

I'll check when I get home from work. I think they do though.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
Reason I asked because my led didn't seem very Brite at first flipped it and stuck back in and much brighter.

You must be registered for see images attach

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

What year is the truck you put these LEDs in? Mine is a 1978 and their website will not let me go that low in years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota