1976 wiper motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shula

Reaction score
First Name
chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Everywhere I have looked, the wiper motor for my truck is no longer being made. Local junk yards have none. Anybody know where or who makes on that will fit?

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Not many choices. NAPA lists a reman, part # RAY 49-160 $142 + core.....Autozone lists a Cardone reman part#40-160 $73+ core. Possible that @SirRobyn0 may know of a good outlet for one??? May be better off trying to rebuild it? See @Doppleganger for info?

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Not many choices. NAPA lists a reman, part # RAY 49-160 $142 + core.....Autozone lists a Cardone reman part#40-160 $73+ core. Possible that @SirRobyn0 may know of a good outlet for one??? May be better off trying to rebuild it? See @Doppleganger for info?
No not many choices. For the 80's models there is a Wia brand - new unit available though autozone and online at places like amazon. For the 70's trucks, as far as I can tell the only company making wiper motors for them cardone poor quality reman. The Napa Ray units are also remaned by cardone.

So your choices are, finding a good used unit. Rebuilding it yourself, installing a later model wiper motor or purchasing a reman cardone. If you decide to go with the cardone hopefully you'll get lucky but don't be surprised if you end up putting in a few of them before you get one that's good, they are that bad....

Shula

Reaction score
First Name
chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Will a later model unit bolt in like the original, or will there be modifications that I will need to do?

Shula

Reaction score
First Name
chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Great thanks! I will definitely look into that, probably next week after my son’s graduation. I appreciate the guidance, this will be my daughters truck in 6 mos when she turns 16, which gives me an excuse to find a k20.
Thanks again

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Yes. I think there is just some modding with the wiring (washer switch).
This is correct to the best of my knowledge as well. And if you get for example an 84' you'll get a mechanical washer pump like your current one has. If you get an 85 on up, you'll need to add an external electric pump for the washer, but you'll actually get a better system, it's just a little more work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy