Windshield wiper issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braiden-H

Reaction score
First Name
Braiden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Recently my windshield wipers Stopped workly entirely. I've tried a new switch and made sure the wiper motor works by manually supplying it with 12v power. Ive also made sure the fuse was good but still nothing. I'm also have this issue where whenever I turn on my headlights my gas gauge goes to zero, my temp gauge goes well past high and sometimes my volt gauge says 0v. im not very good with electrical but if anyone has any tips it would be very helpful. I am new here so i don't know if it shows what vehicle I have but it is a 1983 GMC Sierra K1500.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Start by checking ALL of your grounds. BTW, both the windshield wiper motor and the wiper switch must be grounded to function. The mounting screws for the switch tend to rust.

Braiden-H

Reaction score
First Name
Braiden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
I tried but everything is grounded and now all of my gauges don't work that are electrical. My speedo, tach, and oil pressure still work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad