Wiper/Washer Motor 1984 K10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilmore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
I’ve run into a problem where I replaced my wiper motor and after three Cardone motors I came here and learned to get a WAI. I installed it and the wiper function works great. However I can not get the washer motor to push fluid to save my life. I did suck on the hose and fluid does flow through it no issues but the motor won’t squirt. I’m suspecting wiring at this point with my new painless harness. Maybe I have a wire reversed? I’ve included 3 photos from different vantage points. Any ideas?

Attachments

• E394F02F-A4B5-4DA4-91D9-64FABCB1D19A.jpeg
    E394F02F-A4B5-4DA4-91D9-64FABCB1D19A.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 32E151FE-3AA7-4828-99F1-0692C9B696AE.jpeg
    32E151FE-3AA7-4828-99F1-0692C9B696AE.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 84
  • 472DAF73-DB7E-481E-9BB4-A82E13080C7E.jpeg
    472DAF73-DB7E-481E-9BB4-A82E13080C7E.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 86

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@Gilmore I can't help with the specifics on the painless but I can tell you how the pump works inside the motor. On the factory wiring the pink and white wires, are for the washer and it looks like the painless wiring uses the same colors. So if you jump across those terminals using a test light when you hit the washer the light should light up. one wire is power the other is ground I "think" the pink wire is power but don't remember for 100%. Inside the wiper motor it's a mechanical pump. All those two wires do is pull enough power to engage the mechanical pump which is driven off the shaft of the wiper motor. The mechanical pump pushes fluid in pulses and it's not particularly high pressure, hence the reason there is no squirter nozzle, just a metal tube and the system chucks fluid onto the windshield in pulses. The wiper motor must be running for it to work.

When the washer is engaged there is a pretty audible clunk when the pump is first engaged. You maybe able to hear it in the cab, but definitely should be able to under the hood.

If the filter at the end of the pick up tube in the washer reservoir is even slightly clogged it won't be able to pull fluid though it.

Hopefully that helps.

84C20HD

Reaction score
First Name
CHARLIE
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Hello Gilmore, The connection to operate the pump is pink to the right, yellow to the left. The pink is ground, the yellow to the fuse box. Remove the wires and then the cover. Reinstall the the wires as said above. The PARK connection at the top left only goes in 1 way. Be sure it's tight. Turn on the Ignition and start the wiper motor in low. Push the washer lever forward an watch the to see if the washer solenoid kicks in. If it doesn't remove the wires and open the wire connector, both sides unsnap. Clean the terminal after you remove then from their casing. Re-install and check if the solenoid is operating. If it is not it could be the solenoid. Take a screwdriver and pop the cam stop. See if the washer squirts . If it doesn't squirt remove the pink and yellow wire and jump the solenoid. Negative to the pink side Positive to the yellow side. See if it squirts. If it does it's the wiper switch in the column, ..................................Charlie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe