Do intermittent wipers use a different wiper motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t44e6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have an 82 K10 Custom Deluxe with 2 speed wipers, and would like the intermittent feature. I have replaced the wiper motor with a rebuilt unit that was identical to the original. Is the intermittent function in the switch, and is the motor the same? I currently have my dash pad and instrument panel cover panel removed and if it's a matter of replacing the switch I'd like to do it. The aftermarket modules I see go to 1977. Was it even available?

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
As far as I know Dave is correct, but I'm also going to draw @Doppleganger Chris in because I know he knows these wiper motors inside and out.

I will also add that the intermittent modules are not very reliable and prone to failure. You will need an intermittent switch as well. What I would suggest is getting one of those standalone wiper delay boxes available aftermarket so long as you don't mind it not being factory. I can provide you links to those if you want.

BadBowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
5.0L
Correct. Just plug in play. Get a junkyard or new delay wiper dash switch and the pulse/delay module.

It all plugs inline together with your current underdash harness.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Correct. Just plug in play. Get a junkyard or new delay wiper dash switch and the pulse/delay module.

It all plugs inline together with your current underdash harness.
Do you know who has new modules? Can find them listed in several places but are discontinued and/or out of stock. Used are no good, have several, all bad.

90Burb316

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
You can get them from LMC

tadslc

Full Access Member
Reaction score