1976 Blazer Trailering Special w/ 400sbc?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustySS

Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
5.9 24V Cummins
Well I pulled my car trailer 250 miles to only find out that I would be very disappointed. This Blazer was anything but in original condition. The owner had swapped out the 400 for an old 350. Not a big deal, but he took a picture of the 400 casting number and sent it to me in hopes of trying to scam me. Although it appears this truck came factory with a TH350 after all. It was rotted out really bad and the interior was pieced together from at least 2 different trucks

If anyone comes across a Blazer or Jimmy for sale with the 400 sbc and a TH400 or 4 speed manual factory options, please let me know. I don't think GM ever put a 4 speed behind a 400, but I could be wrong

Thank you everyone

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well that's a bummer. Sorry it didn't turn out well.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
That is some seriously shady **** dude, glad you caught it.
No tellin what else you'd find after you got it home!

What did that mother ****** have to say for himself?

**** that pisses me off!
I hate people.

RustySS

Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
5.9 24V Cummins
He was doing a lot of back peddling and playing dumb. I called him on a few of his fouls such as him claiming he got it from the original owner, and showing him the picture he sent me. I told him that I will make a cash offer so I pulled out $3000 cash, counted in front of him, put it back in my pocket, pulled out a dollar and threw it on the ground as I said "that's for the life lesson" and I walked away

@bucket - I think it turned out very well. If I didn't do my homework with all your guys' help, then I probably would have bought a can of worms that wasn't exactly what I wanted.

Last edited:

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Sorry to hear that. I agree with Rusty on the sentiment of pieces of **** trying to take advantage of consumers. It sounds like it wasn't only something else in terms of the drivetrain, but it was also a 14 carat rust bucket POS. I hope you find the square you're looking for, and I hope the guy not only doesn't sell this truck but also gets his other vehicle(s) repossessed so he can deal with his own ******** or walk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76