15-16V voltmeter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Fix what? Your truck starts and the readings are good... correct? What's the issue besides your factory gauge being a little inaccurate?

Is the voltage on the voltmeter i posted a picture of OK?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Is the voltage on the voltmeter i posted a picture of OK?

Kinda blurry and small, but looks to be just a little under 15 volts to me. That's about where it needs to be.

Also, from what I've seen with a couple of mine, if they have a bad connection causing the alternator to overcharge, it usually puts it way up into the red area of the gauge. Not saying it won't just slightly overcharge, mine just haven't been that way.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
it would be much easier for us older guys if the pic was clear, but it looked ok to me. you need to learn some trouble shooting skills so you can stop buying parts that are not bad, someone posted the trouble shooter for starting problems on this thread. also the factory manuals are available on this site to down load for free. all the trouble shooting charts are there. highdesertranger

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Kinda blurry and small, but looks to be just a little under 15 volts to me. That's about where it needs to be.

Also, from what I've seen with a couple of mine, if they have a bad connection causing the alternator to overcharge, it usually puts it way up into the red area of the gauge. Not saying it won't just slightly overcharge, mine just haven't been that way.

14.25 to 14.75 is acceptable

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btrain04