Zero Rates on the Front Axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Are you saying the ORD disconnects/end links will pivot or rotate enough to use the sway bar with axle pushed forward 1” without offsetting the frame mounts forward for the sway bar?
With the lift and moving the axle forward with the Zero Rate you may be at a neutral position with the sway bar. Even if its not, the sway bar end link would be pushed to the rear a little. Since the suspension mainly moves to the rear for compression, it may not be an issue as it would be pulling the end link to a more vertical position.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
With the lift and moving the axle forward with the Zero Rate you may be at a neutral position with the sway bar. Even if its not, the sway bar end link would be pushed to the rear a little. Since the suspension mainly moves to the rear for compression, it may not be an issue as it would be pulling the end link to a more vertical position.
Makes sense. Because as of now, if I move the axle forward at all, I’ll have to fab up some offset sway bar drop brackets on the frame mounts to even use the sway bar.

Derick C.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
454/700r4
If you want to try the sway bar disconnect I have a set I'm not using.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If you want to try the sway bar disconnect I have a set I'm not using.
Hey thanks neighbor!
Once I’m able to spend time on it I may take you up on that. Appreciate it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg