Yes, another damn Spark Plug thread!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
I was having a brain fart driving on the highway, thinking about your plug situation, and thinking about if you ground the side out if a plug socket, like a sensor socket kinda then you would clear the heads on the ground out side.1/4 turn at a time until it was loose enough to take out with fuel line. If you put a bolt in the other end if the fuel line it's less floppy and easier to turn by hand, but anyway.Whie all this was going through my head I remembered that 13/16 by 5/8 plunge socket. It would do you know good because you are running 5/8 plugs you maybe able to do the same thing cut a 5/8 socket off just enough to grip the hex of the plug and weld a 1/2 or 9/16 deep well to that. So essentially 1/2 and inch of 5/8 socket welded to a whole 9/16 deep if 9/16 would clear the headers

Its cool. I just bought the 6630s today and they clear well enough to solve any issues I was having.

K5ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Stepside
Engine Size
I put the mid length Hedman headers on my square and had issues with the plugs and wires too. I had to use the shorty plugs and go to the super thick Moroso under header plug wires. I was having trouble installing some of the plugs and found this pass thru socket set from Harbor Freight works great for hard to install plugs. The sockets are short and the hole goes all of the way through so the plug actually sticks out the other end. The ratchet goes over the socket instead of connecting at the end and gives you even more clearance. Best part is the price. Only $20 for the set.
https://www.harborfreight.com/sae-metric-go-thru-socket-set-21-pc-62305.html

You must be registered for see images attach

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I put the mid length Hedman headers on my square and had issues with the plugs and wires too. I had to use the shorty plugs and go to the super thick Moroso under header plug wires. I was having trouble installing some of the plugs and found this pass thru socket set from Harbor Freight works great for hard to install plugs. The sockets are short and the hole goes all of the way through so the plug actually sticks out the other end. The ratchet goes over the socket instead of connecting at the end and gives you even more clearance. Best part is the price. Only $20 for the set.
https://www.harborfreight.com/sae-metric-go-thru-socket-set-21-pc-62305.html

I have almost bought that set a few times. Not for plugs but for longer bolts or for ratchet getting a different angle on tight clearance spots

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I was having trouble installing some of the plugs and found this pass thru socket set from Harbor Freight works great for hard to install plugs

damn it....another tool I gotta get lol. thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara