WTB Gun Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
I'm looking for a cheap gun rack that will work with a sliding rear window in my K20. I've seen some generic ones on Amazon, but I have no idea what will work well and look appropriate in our trucks.

Let me know if you have something laying around collecting dust. If anyone has experience with a new/modern gun rack, please share part info and pics.

Thanks Guys!

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have this one that was in my truck when it arrived. The other half was under the seat and in perfect shape.

You must be registered for see images attach

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
@Doppleganger that's exactly what I had in mind. Is it steel? How much do you want for it?

While driving home from work yesterday, and further contemplating this idea, I realized that the rack could interfere with the headliner/trim that I've have and plan to add to my K20. Or maybe (best case scenario) the rack and upper mounting screws would just tuck behind the trim piece??? Worst case, I leave the headliner or the rack off the truck. Second worst, I notch the trim piece to clear the rack.

Last edited:

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Doppleganger that's exactly what I had in mind. Is it steel? How much do you want for it?

While driving home from work yesterday, and further contemplating this idea, I realized that the rack could interfere with the headliner/trim that I've have and plan to add to my K20. Or maybe (best case scenario) the rack and upper mounting screws would just tuck behind the trim piece??? Worst case, I leave the headliner or the rack off the truck. Second worst, I notch the trim piece to clear the rack.
It is - with rubbers on the ends. I was going to put it in the garage for my pellet guns (tree rats). Will have to find where I stashed them - when winter comes (with no warning) everything gets crammed into the garage and shed, so they are in there somewhere. Supposed to have some mild days next week so I will be pulling stuff out and cleaning. I know they are there and in perfect shape - just gotta find them. :hat:

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
I know they are there and in perfect shape - just gotta find them.
Let me know when they turn up. Hunting season is still a long ways off, so I'm in no particular rush. Thank you!

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Let me know when they turn up. Hunting season is still a long ways off, so I'm in no particular rush. Thank you!
I found them and you're welcome to them, but looking online, I think you could get new ones for the same / cheaper than shipping these. ?!

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
but looking online, I think you could get new ones for the same / cheaper than shipping these.
Got a link to something equivalent to what you got? The ones I looked at online don't seem the same.

Last edited:

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
I haven't shipped much of anything in the last few years, so I guess I'm out of the loop there.

That Amazon one doesn't look to bad I guess. I'd suspect that your period correct rack is probably sturdier than anything I could purchase off of Amazon these days.

I'll think about it a little bit more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevbak88